• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

A

Anonymous

how did you wire it ... i have a MH pendant and i was trying to figure out how to wire it...??

A

Anonymous

No wiring work needed. Just place the little spotlights in the tank and run the wires out the little holes in the back of the hood. Hooked it up to a target timer.

cain

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hwarang, so you put all wiring and ballast between reflector and splash guard? I tried cramming both my 24w ballast and all wiring under the nano reflector. Even with two fans in the back, one ballast burned out from heat and the splash guard began to warp under that light.

Bad light/ballast or is it my bad placement?

Meloco14

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, i've had heat problems too, melted the splash guard. Today I got a piece of lexan at Home Depot and cut it with a hack saw to fit as a lid. Works well, it won't support any weight but it's really clear and supposedly wont melt. We'll see. I think I'm gonna have to move the ballasts external, i like having them under the reflector but I want to keep the heat out. And this way I can flatten the reflector and add another light!

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dunno, I read the posts here and at Nano-reef.com about the splash guard melting, and it freaked me out hehe. I guess I lucked out or something, but my hood is barely even warm. I'm worried that the fan does too good of a job. The acrylic splashguard isn't even close to melty.

*shrug*

lbonser

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use two 36 watt cfl , but I put the ballast external with the timers etc my biggest issue was screwing the cover back over the bulbs arrrrgghhh i dropped the screw about a dozen times

Leop

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ahaha, right into the filter area, no?

magnetic tip screwdrivers are truly a blessing.

lbonser

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
really i figured they would have used stainless or some other non rusting metal in the screws I will have to try that next time.

since i had power strips and timers it was not possible to keep the "neat " appearence of the self contained unit, so i just put the ballast in the drawer on the table it sits on.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: