• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

MattGecko

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im still working on temp issues and had to remove one powerhead to reduce the flow but this new set up is awesome.

I can't get my camera to take a "true picture" of the tank it distorts the color because of the HQI.

The rest of the set up pictures are here:
http://home.earthlink.net/~reefcanopy/id7.html

nc00319.jpg

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From what I understand you plan on putting shrooms with SPS? Just keep an eye on the shrooms. It's possible to keep both in the same tank, but shrooms have a tendency to detach, float around and sting the bejeesus out of your most expensive Acropora sp.

MattGecko

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had a mixed tank for over a year without any problem. I'll keep a close eye on everything, Thanks for the tip.

MattGecko

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I moved the Iceprobe to a Fluval 104 behind the stand. Unfortunately it doesn't have enough flow so (1) Maxi-Jet is still running the tank, temps stay between 80-82.

The Fluval is plumbed to the overflow area so with the quick release ball valve disconnect makes an excellent water change drain.

With the 5G top-off system I only have to change it about every three weeks.
040721sm.jpg

Shinken

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think that some acro's in nature get more light than even a 400watt would provide. However it wont be a constant intensity in nature...

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: