• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Ducman996

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well,

I am starting to get a little hair algae. Although I need to get some Macro Algae in my fuge. The LFS would sell me any when I was there last week. They told me they didn't have enought to sell. So hopefully I will have some later this week.

Also I came home from work the other day and my fiancé heard me talking about getting a Clown fish in a few weeks and well she decited to surprise me with one. So now I have a small clown swimming around. He doesn't seem to be eating. I have tried flake food and also frozen brine shrimp. I will continune to with the shrimp and let you all know.

Pisces1

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I changed my powerhead to a mini-jet mc 405 (i think, it's the one that is 158 gph). the higher flow rate breaks the surface slightly more which has helped with the film and clean the sponge fairly regularly. The new powerhead is much quieter now also.

Ducman996

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its been a while but here is what the tank looks like today.....I have added GSP a few yellow zoo's and what I belive to be an encrusting grogonia.

What do you think?

Attachments

• img_0151.jpg
    img_0151.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 3,808
  • img_0152.jpg
    img_0152.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 3,807

nanocat

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think your fish would love another 8 lbs. of rock to hide and play in. I have 16lbs in my nano and there's still plenty of swimming room, plus they love the caves :)

Ducman996

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to get more LR. Although I am waiting to find some good stuff with zoos or other softies on it. I just haven't had the time with the holidays. I know bad excuse. :lol:

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
can you tell me about that nozzle dealio you have on the water jet? i'd like to hook something like that up on mine.

thx!
-me

nanocat

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That comes with the rio90 that he's using as a powerhead. Looks like he adapted the duckbill to the standard return built into the nano.

I have mine set up just like that, only I didn't bother with the duckbill. If you till the nozzle on the rio slightly towards the top of the water, you break the surface tension film.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does it require silicone or some other bonding agent to keep it in place, or does it just snap on?

Thx!

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sweet thanks. you didn't have to cut the nub or anything? just fasten away?

Ducman996

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I am back....I was out of the country for the last month with work. The Nano help up well while I was gone. Water parameters look great with not doing my bi-monthly water change. The things that I noticed that are not quite right is....my encrusting gorgonian (sp?) what not out until after I did my water change. After that it is fine. I am missing my fire Gobi!! He is no where to be found. I am also missing a hermit crab, so now I am starting to get a little hair algae again. I did notice that I am finally starting to get some coralline algae on part of the glass. Also I finally noticed the hitchhiker crab that has been in my tank since i got the rock. He looks like a emerald crab with the exception is that he is brown not green. I think that he might be the one that helped to make some of my creatures disappear. Something has decided to dig or burro into my one rock that has my GSP on it. I'm not sure what is doing it but I will keep my eyes open to find out. Now that I am back, I am going to finish my overflow and would like too add more rock with all sorts of good stuff on it.

Meloco14

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where did you get the second 24 watt light and ballast from? I am adding a 13 watt to mine but I figure I might as well put as much as I can in now before I fill the tank, so I am considering going with more wattage. Thanks

Ducman996

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought the second one from JBJ. It was like $15 plus shipping. As for every one haveing problems with them. I have had any and I am running two of there ballasts.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey i noticed that you've got a firefish in there. the crew at my LFS doesn't seem to think a firefish would be happy in a nanocube ... consensus here?

Juck

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rubbish,,,, Nanocube is perfect for a firefish. I have a spawning pair I would love to put in mine,, if only I could catch the buggers.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it's as deep as the rest of the tank, which is 18" cubed. to put a skimmer there you'd have to cut out a large section of the back of the hood.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how much does a JBJ nano usually run..for the tank and lighting????

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: