• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

A

Anonymous

Sorry about the delay.
Tice,
http://reefs.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t ... idea+nanos
I would put another 24W PC in there if I felt like it. Seems like a lot of people are doing this.

The way I crop down photos is in photoshop. I go to 'image size' and scale it down to 6 inches by 8 inches.

Lord,
No clams in the 12. I have a couple maximas in the 6. I had a squamosa and a much larger, absolutely beautiful baby blue maxima in the 6 that I moved to a larger 40 gallon clam tank on campus. The other clams in that tank are a large crocea and a small derasa that I donated to the university.

Of course, someone decided it would be a good idea to throw in a new sump pump on this 40 gallon tank the day before leaving for Xmas break. This pump had an electric leak, and tripped the GFI. I came in the next day to an absolutely motionless, cold tank with the fish gasping at the surface. Amazingly the only organism killed was the squamosa clam.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lord,
The 6 has a 96W Powerquad pendant, made by CSL I think.

It used to have a 65W 6500K PC and a 13 W actinic PC. The clams definitely don't grow fast, but they do grow. I don't feed phytoplankton as often as I should, and this would probably help them along if I did.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im going to MH this week or whenever they get here...thats my next addition...im gonna add a clam or two...one of the smaller like a maxima or crocea...i have 20gal tank...i had a maxima in my tank but it was i think attacked by a snail..im not sure what kinda snail it was, but i saw it on the mantle eating at it...and no it wasnt a parasitc guy, he was quite large and was in my tank for awhile...i have 130W PC and that may have been another demise being lack of light...The 96W of T-5 was doing it in your tank though...but i guess its much smaller than 20 and not quite as deep..???go figure..

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LN,
Yeah, I have to frag out of my SPS tank quite often. Most times I just give away stuff whenever another reefer is around. If you're ever headed towards SF I'm right off I-80; send me a PM and I can hook you up.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im close to ya, but i dont think ill ever see SF..i really have no desire to go there...nothing against it..i hear its a pretty city...things seem to wierd there to me...kinda like culture shock..ive been to some really wierd places too..again, no dis on you or SF...its just me..but maybe i can purchase off you if youre willing???i trust you and your frags cuz ive seen your tanks on here...

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heh, SF is really not any more of a culture shock than any other big city...for me at least. There's definitely a different attitude among the people there, but you don't get any of that when visiting. Plus there's some kickass fish stores.

If you're willing to pay for shipping and throw in like $5 a frag I can ship them overnight to ya I guess.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sure..we'll have to talk... :D... Im waiting on my MH's to get here...like i said though..nothing personal with SF...i imagine they have some kick a$$ LFS's..way better than here...I lived in Phoenix most of my life, i was stationed in So. Cal LA/SD area, lived in Portland when i was a kid..totally aware of big city enviroments, actually i perfer them...

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Um, I added a rose bubble tip anemone a couple weeks ago, that's the only new thing. It split in two, then in three. I now have three clones in various places in the tank. Two of them are in nice spots with good flow and light. I really don't know if they're going to make it though, they don't look so good. Not sure if they're simply recovering or dying.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh sure; you dont get any attitude from the San Franciscans when your visiting?! Somebody didnt tell that to the people I was around, and I blend in perfectly; I have long hair for crap's sake!!! I mean, forget about trying to drive through the city; raging, arrogant, defiantly (as in "in-your-face-deliberately-trying-to-make-you-uncomfortable" style) homosexual pedestrians who know they have right of way just stroll leisurely out in front of you after youve been waiting for TWO green lights!!!! AARRRGGGHHH!!!! No, SF is one place I myself, as counter-inuitively non-homosexual in despite of my appearance and my associations with homosexual friends, try to avoid at great lengths. Our Chinese friends often compell us to venture in to China Town and explore the "incredible bargains" she so adamantly insists is worth the trip, and every time its hell-in-a-hand basket to try and move about the city without the police staring me down or a couple of gay guys snickering at me through my open window! Its like Ive been branded by the homosexual community as a pathetic half-breed, meanwhile I cant go into a garage (the professional kind) without getting these looks that make me recall Easy Rider...
Lord, stay in Carson; muuuuuuuuch safer!

I will say, though, that the warf is worth all that trauma, and more! But seriously, never drive any vehicle with a manual transmission, a wheel-base of greater than 200 inches, or one that doesnt have a siren on it! Just dont drive there, ever. Take the train; support a struggling public transportations system that is actually fun to ride!

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I'll agree that driving in SF is difficult like in any big city....

The rest of your post.... :? :?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: