• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

A

Anonymous

Hi,
I have the same LOA lights, and I've noticed they've become pretty yellow as well. I was considering getting a 96W Powerquad pendant...do you plan on sticking with the same lighting setup? I hear the ballast burns out after a year or so, and I don't really feel like replacing it that often.

AWESOME tank, BTW...

brandon4291

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Semi I hope you have enjoyed your time in the reef spotlight and the feedback from the crew. It was nice for everyone to see the results of your particular approach to reef keeping, I took a few notes myself.

Brandon Mason

semigodd154

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well Brandon and the crew I must say that i very much enjoyed having my hex as a sticky for a while and i appreciate all of the kind words from you guys. Alas I have some disturbing news one of the seams on my hex gave way about 5 inches from the top and dumped about a quarter of the water i didnt even bother trying to seal the tank so i transfered everything to my 150 which was running at the time but had notheing in it but sand and about 50 lbs of rock so i added the rock from the hex and about 15lbs that i bought and transfered everything from the 20 to it I just added the skimmer and the sump to the 150 so i'm dealing with some micro bubbles but once that clears up i'll start a thread on the 150 it already has green coraline growth on the bak of the tank so its coming along nicely. The only losses i had were my pair of missbarred clowns :cry: but everything else made the move no problem. The only other issue i have is my corals are still getting used to the enormous amount of the difference in flow between the tanks they went from about 300Gph in the 20 to 2500Gph in the 150 so nothing is opening as much as usual but they are getting there. Again thanks to all for looking and for the wonderful compliments i look forward too being with this site for a long time to come.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: