• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Bleeding Blue

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, it was a long time in the coming. I asked you guys, reefrancher showed me his cool setup, I ordered some leds on line. I got busy. I didn't have the parts to build a power supply. And, finally, I fired up the little buggers. I am using four white luxeon 1W LEDs. I retrofit them in my hood using a petri dish and some tephlon screws. (I really wanted to use some duct tape, but I couldn't find any reason :wink: ) Here are some pics of what it looks like. It is hard to see how much light they give in the pics, but it is a noticeable amount in person. They also give my tank the ripple shadow effect that I lacked using only PC lights. You will have to excuse the fact that the tank is filthy. I was too excited to clean it. :lol:

Mike

Attachments

• leds.jpg
    leds.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 1,318
  • hood.jpg
    hood.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 1,316
A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mike, very cool little DIY job. Can you post a diagram/supplies list of the wiring?

Bleeding Blue

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it has more to do with the camera than the lights. It is much easier to see the differences in person than in the pictures I took.

UnderGrad

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You know that I'm going to have to come by and check out those new LEDs of yours soon. Make sure you've got wiring diagrams ready for me. I'm definetely going to have to wire up a few of those in my tank.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: