spk

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gresham,
Hi there, you say this happened three weeks ago. Wow. That is strange. Ok lets work to resolve the problem that you are having.
No one sould have access issues. Most of the members have not suffered in this way, or at least there are only a handfull that are having login in issues.
Can you and I take the debugging of this issue off line please. That way we cna do more things quicker.
If you want PM me a telephone number and I will call you to help resolve.
Thanks
Steve

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It started when ever the transition happened. I was out of town when it happened and I've been sick since getting home so the date may be off a bit :)

I got your email, we'll work through it via that :D

Thanks Steve.

FWIW my phone is the same since last we spoke, I'll email that as well. Just don't be like my other British friends and call me when ever :P

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You folks that are putting up links know that they cannot be viewed unless one is registered at the site, right? I'm not registering just to see what everyone is on about.

spk

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Treeman,
Hi there, hang in there, watch this space and see how it unfolds.
Most importantly, keep those fish breeding and making a difference in the wilds.
Thanks
Steve

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
seamaiden":3q4327ib said:
You folks that are putting up links know that they cannot be viewed unless one is registered at the site, right? I'm not registering just to see what everyone is on about.

Don't yah just hate that? :)

Basically take the Sump, add some sugar, some breeders and you got the current state of MOFIB.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kinda sounds like there isn't much in the way of information to be found. Seems to me a marine breeder's site could be an incredible wealth of information (drama is everywhere, can't get away from it). Perhaps much of it is proprietary. My simple curiosity cannot be so easily sated as clicking a link, I lament. :)

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
seamaiden":gh62zh35 said:
Kinda sounds like there isn't much in the way of information to be found. Seems to me a marine breeder's site could be an incredible wealth of information (drama is everywhere, can't get away from it). Perhaps much of it is proprietary. My simple curiosity cannot be so easily sated as clicking a link, I lament. :)

Hardly true at all. There is no other spot with such a wealth of MO breeding. More MO breeders take part in that forum then any other on the planet. Hatchery workers, hobbyist breeders, researchers, several mariculture companies, etc. all freely exchange info that used to be kept tight to ones chest. It's truly an amazing site, even with the current drama. It really is pretty much drama free accept for the current goings on. Is just so happens the only forum you have to be a member(logged on) to see is the one being linked :lol:

PeterIMA

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is not related to this thread. It appears that RDO changed the graphical user interface (GUI). Overall, it looks good. But, I cannot
find the button for private messages. Today, I received a message to my home email stating I had a private message. But, I can't find the button on RDO (associated with Industry behind the hobby) to read my messages. Please advise me how to do this.
Even, when I log on as a member I cannot find the hotlink to private messages.

Sincerely,
Peter Rubec

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Peter, the interface does take some getting used to. When you log in you'll see up at the top left a list of links: Board Index and so on. Underneath that you'll see User Control Panel, and to the right of that, in parenthesis, (# new messages) a bullet and then View your posts. It's the parenthetical link that takes you to your inbox.

PeterIMA

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't seem to have a login button cleary displayed. When I hit post reply it comes up with a login screen (that already has
my user name and password). Needless to say it is very inconvenient.

Peter

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are logged in, search the top of this page for 'user control panel' (its under the banner ad). Click it. Then click the 'private messages' tab.

PeterIMA

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thales, I am logged on. My GUI seems to be erratic. For a brief time this morning, the PM button appeared beside
some (not all of the postings) on this thread. If I click on this button (on the right of the posting). It gets me to the directory
that allows me to view private messages (that Seamaiden described). Now, the PM button has disappeared from what
I can view on this thread. I am not sure why this is the case. Perhaps it has something to do with new firewall
(anti-virus) provisions that have been automatically installed by MicroSoft.

Peter

mpedersen

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So nice to come home after an 8 day vacation without internet and see that apparently I've been removed from the BOD, and also from every moderator position I hold except a club outreach committee (but I can't access the MOFIB document respository which contains all the files I've created for the org). Basically, I've been removed completely to the level of an ordinary user.

MOFIB and me are 110% done. I cannot support a BOD which would support breaking the law (Dr. John Lauth's withholding of MOFIB's domains in a private, personal account, as a promise to Stephen Kennedy (SPK) is what started this whole problem). I cannot support a BOD that tried to hold an illegal BOD election (Luis simply did not know the law), but when faced with the PROPER and legal way to hold the election according to Illinois State Law, the BOD chose to instead chose to boot me out. I am shocked but not surprised to see Stephen Kennedy promoted to the position of website administrator although as "co founder" he has basically simply sat, bidded his time, and wielded the domains he contributed to the group as a weapon against me since I asked him to step down after a 5 month absense.

I cannot support a BOD that would backstab someone while they're on vacation (yes, gone for 8 days and no laptop) and LIE to some or all of the members (It seems that people were told or lead to believe that I VOLUNTARILY resigned...that is 110% incorrect). I have not recevied ANY communications from ANY BOD member since I left. I have no contact information for the new BOD member either.

While I understand the reasons, I cannot support a BOD the BOD's choice to replace me with a leader or a prominent commercial interest - I started MOFIB specifically to REMOVE the commercial ties. MOFIB is supposed to be commercial friendly for ALL, but I fear it cannot be so when a prominent commercial interest is in the uppermost leadership.

It's really simple to understand what happened. People allowed me to build up MOFIB with my own blood, sweat and tears for the past 2 years. The moment I asked for John Lauth's resignation and removal (for breaking the law and BOD mandates), everything was turned onto me, and like a pack of wolves, I was shredded. John Luath's loyalty to SPK, and Luis Magnasco's refusal to enforce the BOD rules, let alone corporate law, both took precidence over my fellow BOD member's feduciary responsibility to do what is right for the corporation, and resulted in my forceful removal from the BOD. I could *probably* take this to the State's Attorney at this point, but seriously, what good would it do for me and my family.

I have no more time to fight, and largely I have no real ability to fight, so I've contacted Luis and asked that I be put in touch with this new BOD member so I can quickly transfer ALL corporate assets to him (including the changeover of corporate registgered agent - we had to have one in IL, which is why Mark was chosen).

I will continue to breed fish, and I will fulfill all the speaking committments I made on behalf of MOFIB, but I will not be accepting any new MOFIB-related speaking engagements.

This outcome is tragic for MOFIB. Being in the right apparently sometimes isnt' enough, especially if you're the only one playing by the rules.

FWIW,

Matt Pedersen

Tal Sweet

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is truly a sad day in the realm of breeding Marine Ornamentals. :cry: To have an organization that is vital to the continuation of success in breeding be dismantled by a few petty individuals is simply unfathomable.

For all of the information that Matt and others have contributed over the past two years to be held by people that are unwilling to abide by the law and it's member's wishes leaves me with no alternative but to go elsewhere.

mpedersen

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FYI, it has also come to my attention that the MOFIB website itself is no longer within MOFIB's corporate hosting account. Of course, certain parties will tell you that this was done to prevent my accessing the site and restoring access for myself. I'm only going to say this once as a statement of FACT at the moment, and will note that within minutes, any of this can be changed by the parties who've wrangled control.

MOFIB's active domain name, MarineBreeder.org, is being held in a private Godaddy account under John Lauth's name.

Proof?
http://www.networksolutions.com/whois-s ... reeder.org
http://www.networksolutions.com/whois-search/mofib.org - the corporate info (as far as I konw, I am still the registered agent for the corporation in the state of Illinois, but that should probably change soon).

MOFIB's email is all screwed up. MOFIB paid for email hosting with our hosting account, but as far as I can tell, emails were set up with Godaddy under John Lauth's account at one point before I left.

MOFIB's website has been removed from the corporate hosting account, the account that was set up in the corporation's name, and is paid for with the corporation's funds. I cannot tell you where MOFIB's website is. William Heaton (Acroporas) was the only person who had access to the hosting server in our absense, so he was at minimum complicit in the action of removing the website from MOFIB's server during my absense. Yes, the BOD probably instructed Will to do this.

And that's the 411 folks.

Matt

jgs240

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The 'WhoIs' is still current Matt.

Its a real shame all this is happening, MOFIB is an unbelievable resource which is hard to pass up. Where can we (the members of MOFIB) expect to find your breeding journals from now on?

mpedersen

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I assume you mean by "current" that as of your posting, MarineBreeder.org is still showing up as John Lauth's personal property, and MOFIB.org (one of our many other domains) is still listed as MOFIB property, albeit in my name (because while I've suppposedly been "removed", for the moment I have been unable to transfer this stuff to Mark Vera,the supposed replacement, because I have not even been given his contact info in order to do so).

Anway, I have no clue where I'm going to post. Heck, I may not post anymore, I may just wait and write articles from now on when there's something new to share. I certainly will do NOTHING to support MOFIB so long as any one of the 3-6 people involved in this coup are allowed to continue to participate. It's clear to me that the notion of doing something for the benefit of the group came at a tremendous price to me and my family, inflicted by thte greedy hands of the poeple who now remain. Now that I'm supposedly no longer on the BOD, I don't have to put MOFIB first, and I can start putting myself and my family first. My wife asked that I stop the fighting and give up...could any of you look your wife in the eye and say no? She made the largest sacrifice out of anyone here, by letting me put MOFIB first and our marriage second. Yes, I probably just about did that.

I know the members are up in arms about this, but I hate to say it, there's probably little legally they can do.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: