• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

A

Anonymous

naesco":1zbav1st said:
Gresh I guess the difference from you and I is that if the rope was around your neck, the rope would break, eh.
Wayne
No rope or Kryptonite chains will hold me Wayne, glad you've finally come to realize that :lol:

2cqz31c.jpg

naesco

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I assumed from that one would have to be a marine ornamental breeder to be involved.
Perhaps I am wrong

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
GreshamH":1az3yjjc said:
naesco":1az3yjjc said:
Gresh I guess the difference from you and I is that if the rope was around your neck, the rope would break, eh.
Wayne
No rope or Kryptonite chains will hold me Wayne, glad you've finally come to realize that :lol:

2cqz31c.jpg

I love it. :)

Peace,

Chip

Enigma9

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wayne,

Everyone is welcome to join MOFIB even if you are not a breeder. While primarily breeding posts are encouraged, you can still learn much, make contacts and even may become interested in breeding. It cost's nothing and requires only that you show an interest. If you want to play a bigger role later you can always step up your membership level and even contribute in other ways. Give it a try! :D

BTW, Gresh Do you actually have that comic book?

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish, although, the economy is killing the value of a lot of collectibles. Good thing I dumped my baseball cards in their peek as Canseco and McGuire cards took a dump after they got caught up in the doping deal.

Enigma9

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to have that comic. That is actually not the real Superman #1. It was a trick in the late 60's. It is worth quite a bit, but the real superman #1 is worth millions. I still kept all my Jimmy Olsen's though. :wink:

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yah it's #233, but, was it really 15 cents? Never would have taken you as a collector Mark.

Enigma9

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not much of a collector anymore. Growing up poor in the city I used to hang out at the comic shop and save up pan handling to buy one here and there. Over the years I managed to get quite a few that went up in value. Once had Nija Turtles #1 when it came out and sold it two years later for a $100. then bought 50 Jimmy's and a bunch of candy. Damn things always held nostalgia for me since.

Superman was always my Fav! Good to see someone else in the hobby has an appreciation for them. Sorry for side tracking, just like that particular issue and thought you might have it. :D

naesco

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Enigma9 said:
Wayne,

Everyone is welcome to join MOFIB even if you are not a breeder. While primarily breeding posts are encouraged, you can still learn much, make contacts and even may become interested in breeding. It cost's nothing and requires only that you show an interest. If you want to play a bigger role later you can always step up your membership level and even contribute in other ways. Give it a try! :D

Thanks Enigma9 for the invitation. I am looking forward to learning as much as I can.
Wayne

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Enigma9":26yc7nzi said:
It is worth quite a bit

Not really...you can score a nice F/VF copy for $20.

but the real superman #1 is worth millions.

Not really. A nice VF copy (unrestored) sold privately a few years ago for $178,000.

I still kept all my Jimmy Olsen's though. :wink:

New Gods & Darkseid, baby. Jimmy #134. Jack was the King.

Peace,

Chip

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Enigma9":371r6sf6 said:
Good to see someone else in the hobby has an appreciation for them.

Welcome, one and all, to the World of Chip. :)

Tell 'im, Gresh.

Peace,

Chip

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Enigma9":2vhllte7 said:
Holy crap, really. That's gotta be worth something now. I also see you have your squidbillies characters. LOL :lol:

That's Earl!

man of fish

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well that all worked out great! Thank goodness two years later, a slew of good BOD members haven't resigned, darlings of the BOD haven't been labeled traitors and trouble makers for speaking out about insurmountable internal problems, the censorship has stopped, the BOD follows and respects the by laws they put in place, and elections have been held in a timely manner that seemed fair to all.

Oh wait, the exact opposite happened. MOFIB is bigger mess than ever. Its a real shame. MOFIB has/had so much potential - its too bad anyone trying to help that isn't towing the party line is silenced one way or another.

mpedersen

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, it's been long enough at this point that I'm just going to have to go on the record again. MOFIB is all but defunct at this point. They failed to even get sufficient willing nominees to fill the four BOD seats being vacated. This after they failed to hold the bylaw-mandated elections at all (and were it not for outside pressure, we can certainly speculate whether the election process would have ever even been started). Members saw their voting rights initially removed through the process of allowing memberships to expire without holding the election, a further fiasco that created a situation where members had to be reinstated, but this was done in a slipshod fashion.

The final insult - outgoing BOD member Stephen Kennedy openly and happily admitted to the unilateral deletion of my own personal member account - in essence wiping the very fact that I ever existed, let alone started the organization, clear off the organization's records. This ultimate abuse of power, one of many directed at me in the last 3 years, was definitely not BOD sanctioned and a violation of just about every rule in the book, yet being a lame-duck BOD member, nothing ever seems to have come of it, no disciplinary actions or what one might expect, the removal of membership for someone who so clearly is willing to abuse members. Of course, it goes without saying that since this pattern of abuse is well-entrenched beyond one individual member, and since the bylaws were written in a manner that all but eliminates the possibility of removing any BOD member, this entire saga has come to pass.

In the meantime, an inquiry to a remaining BOD member regarding the reinstatement of my member account has gone unanswered.

So basically as the founder of this org I have been thrown off the BOD, lied about behind my back, had my commentary deleted and censored, have been "banned" unilaterally, have been granted "amnesty", had my name used without my authorization, have many more times had my commentary and criticism deleted and/or censored, have watched the public history of the site be rewritten to make it sound like someone else in fact started the org. I've stood by as board meetings haven't happened, minutes haven't been posted, taxes apparently have never been filed etc. And ultimately now, have watched the org fail to hold any actual election this year, fail to even replace outgoing BOD members, watching incoming members try to claim that any criticism from members was coordinated efforts by another organization to destroy MOFIB, and in the end, in one final flip of the bird, I have watched my entire account be deleted from the site by a rouge BOD member, with no apology or actions taken to correct this completely aggressive behavior.

For an organization I founded on the premise that such abuses of power could be avoided simply by setting a good example, the exact opposite ultimately proved to be true. MOFIB in its current form is a joke. It is a complete disgrace to the spirit in which I founded it, and to the members who's hours, days, weeks and months of volunteered time helped make it what used to be considered "great". These days I am embarrassed to even say that I established this organization in the first place, because what it is today is so utterly repulsive that to attach my name to the destruction caused by others in the 2.5 years since my ejection will probably do more to sully my own reputation.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: