• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Status
Not open for further replies.

molodets

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
In my opinion swap of April 10, 2011
was really bad.

Nothing interesting, nothing exotic ,
Selection was very poor.
Only one vendor had good stuff.

I literally brought hundreds of dollars to spend.
I only spend maybe $70, not even.

:banghead:
What do you guys think?

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
88   0   0
I think the swap itself was great, caught up with some guys/girls from the site and had a good time. Thats really what its all about for me.

I was not crazy about the livestock, [maybe the goodstuff went really quick] i got there about an hour late - From what i managed too see it was not comparable to the previous swap. I only spent around 60$ on coral and planned to spend much much more.

tentacles

cephalopod enthusiast
Rating - 95%
38   2   0
I disagree, but people have different definitions of interesting/exotic. I felt as though the vendors brought a nice mix of offerings, and had really good deals (then again, I was there night before so I got to see everything before doors opened, including cherry's setup). Also the raffle was heavily stocked with some pretty impressive items.

I don't know when you got there, but maybe all of the "good stuff" was gone by the time you did. In the future, you can contact vendors directly and see if they can get you something specific, and more often than not they will be able to. I hope your enjoyed the company of your fellow MR members though!

Treef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
I thought the selection was nice, got a nice clam from reefkoi, and some sweet lps/sps frags, also missed out on some that i wanted, microlados you elude me again :banghead:. Had I stayed longer I would've picked up other stuff...luckily for my bank account I had to go... ah well always winter swap... unless mr decides to setup a summer swap :idea:

Salty Dog

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 90.9%
20   2   0
I did spend over a grand, only because there where some nice chalices Ive been searching for, on the other hand I couldnt wait to get out of there.Way to crowded,very stuffy, and just not fun. A few opened windows would have helped ! When Im looking at corals I dont want people pushing me or lurking over my shoulders. If they have to increase the entry fee too house a larger space please do. I left after only 1 hour and Im from Ct. Cherry Corals was a huge let down for me and I feel so bad for Todd & Brett.

It would have been nice to meet some of the other members but being in there set me in a mood and I just wanted to leave. Really thinking twice about next year, it just was not a good enviroment being stuffed in a room with that many people all looking for corals :mad:

solo

Got Vodka?
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
It was nice to meet some members really. A nice get together and Tony's talk was very interesting and entertaining; I'm most probably going to get his book. Being that this was my frist swap too, I have no frame of reference to judge; but it was WAY too crowded which is good for the event itself. The event sold out a week in advance with people still wanting to come, even without the increased admission fee the swap could be done at a larger venue, with room for more vendors.

CONSTANTNE

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
The upside. It was great catching up with friends and meeting new ones.

The downsides. Very hot and stuffy, space was small, and not the best selection of corals that I'm use to seeing at frag swaps. I didn't spend a penny lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Reefs

jaa1456

MR's Greatest Member
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
The upside. It was great catching up with friends and meeting new ones.

The downsides. Very hot and stuffy, space was small, and not the best selection of corals that I'm use to seeing at frag swaps. I didn't spend a penny lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Reefs
You spent the admission fee and the gas and toll money lol.

FaviaFreak

Aquarium Village
Vendor
Rating - 93.6%
44   3   0
tough crowd...anyway if u don't know by now you literally have to be one of the first people through the door to get the killer stuff, just a fact of life, no getting around it at the moment, it's like waiting in line for concert tickets, if you want good seats you better be in line early or else you'll be in the nose bleeds.

secondly there was Plenty of nice coral to be had throughout the course of the day, my boy picked up a killer lobo covered in rasta polyps for $75 from Dr.Mac at 3pm!! well into the day, people need learn to shop for corals my goodness

C

Chiefmcfuz

Rating - 100%
112   0   0
The idea behind volunteering to help set up is to help setup the venue for the community, not to cherry pick. As a matter of fact there should be no sales going on before the swap opens. I think that is something we should look into for the next swap and it should be stopped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: