• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Alfredo De La Fe

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Hey Guys:

I went to aquarium warehouse yesterday and not only found myself a BEAUTIFUL regal angel that was eating, but they have their tanks packed with fish!

Still a little light on corals, but they have some BEAUTIFUL anthias and other fish. If anyone is looking for a copperband they had a nice one yesterday that was eating Mysis.

-Alfred

R32Brightliner

Rating - 100%
24   0   0
dreko said:
What is the name of this aquarium warehouse? Approx. location?
Thanks
Andre

Aquarium Warehouse
2143 Route 4 East
Fort Lee, NJ 07024
(201) 947-2323

M-F 3pm to 8pm
Sat 12noon to 7pm
Sun 1pm to 6 pm

These were their hours as of November 2005. Its right before the upper level on ramp for the George Wahsington Bridge (Jersey Side). Hope it's helpful Andre.

Mike

Alfredo De La Fe

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Mike beat me to it. ;-) They get there later in the day. It is probably best to pass by after 2pm today.

As of yesterday I say a very nice selection of fish. If ANYONE is looking for morish idols that are actually EATING they have two of them! (Hugh fish though, I almost got them until I saw the regal eat!)

-Alfred

Alfredo De La Fe

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Nope. The store used to be mostly wholesale. Their prices are VERY reasonable now and the quality of the fish is exceptional. I have purchased several fish (and corals) that are all doing very well and paid very low prices.

I would compare the prices of Aquarium Warehouse with mailorder prices without paying as much for shipping.

Also, I live in Manhattan right near the GW Bridge.

-Alfred

BroRage

Junior Reefer
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
just a heads up guys.... the older gentle men in the store... even though i know its buisness to make profit... is a bit scheme.... just watch out you dont get ripped off... but yeah they do have a good amount of interesting stuff to look at...

Last edited:
D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
dreko said:
Stopped by today... large space, still setting things up...
I'll stop by in a month or so, see if things have improved

I give the selection a C minus.
Andre
They been settin gthis place up for a year now if i remembr ,Last year when i was there is was a nasty place,smelled like A$$ in the place water and crap all of the floor ,hope they got their act together since last year.I know wholesale is a crazy business ,but for the gen public you need to be a bit cleaner JMO

NYPDFrogman

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Alfredo De La Fe said:
Hey Guys:

I went to aquarium warehouse yesterday and not only found myself a BEAUTIFUL regal angel that was eating, but they have their tanks packed with fish!

Still a little light on corals, but they have some BEAUTIFUL anthias and other fish. If anyone is looking for a copperband they had a nice one yesterday that was eating Mysis.

-Alfred
are congrats in order for the new regal????

Pics!!!!

Alfredo De La Fe

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I have a damsel that is tormenting the poor regal and I have not been able to get it out. (I just had surgery on Friday- I couldn't take apart my rockwork if I wanted to!)

Hopefully the regal will be OK until tomorrow, when help is due to arrive...

Thanks,

-Alfred

Alfredo De La Fe

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Just checked on the Regal, he is OK- although he is hiding under a rock. (The lights are currently off)

It is a BEAUTIFUL fish, when I saw it eat mysis I had to buy him. (He was CHEAP too!)

The "older guy" Mike, that is just his personality. Real nice guy and he will give you some serious breaks on prices.

I was surprised to read that the inventory got a C-, they must have sold a TON of fish over the weekend! EVERY tank was full of fish when I went last. (Except for corals, they had very little in the way of inverts this time)

-Alfred

Dace

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99.7%
393   1   0
first how much was the regal. would like to go see it one day if you dont mind
Alfredo De La Fe said:
Just checked on the Regal, he is OK- although he is hiding under a rock. (The lights are currently off)

It is a BEAUTIFUL fish, when I saw it eat mysis I had to buy him. (He was CHEAP too!)

The "older guy" Mike, that is just his personality. Real nice guy and he will give you some serious breaks on prices.

I was surprised to read that the inventory got a C-, they must have sold a TON of fish over the weekend! EVERY tank was full of fish when I went last. (Except for corals, they had very little in the way of inverts this time)

-Alfred

Alfredo De La Fe

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
With the credit I was due (A trade in on an anemone) it came out costing me about $90. Not bad for a Regal angel that is eating! (Medium size)

The older guy (Mike) is the owner, he will work with you on price. Also, if you need something in particular they will go out of their way to get it for you. Not the most knowledgable group of guys when it comes to specifics on corals or fish but they are honest and I have been pretty happy with the prices and selection.

My two favorite places:

1. NY Aquaria (Sal's shop) - Best variety in SPS corals, very healthy tanks and Sal knows his stuff. Can be a bit pricey on certain things, but as the saying goes, you get what you pay for and I have never had a complaint about price because the quality is 150%. (Certainly a LOT cheaper than some of the other shops in the area!)

2. Aquarium Warehouse - Big place that has that "clubhouse" feel to it. Always getting in new stuff and will go the extra mile to get you what you are looking for. Prices are reasonable and the owner will negotiate. They get oddball stuff in every once in a while, but I wouldn't go to them for SPS corals. (Mainly fish, LPS, etc.) They feed their fish very well and are willing to feed a fish for you before you buy.

-Alfred

NYPDFrogman

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Daceman89 said:
quick ?. will a regal get along with a flame angel because mine is the devil of the tank
I have a regal and a vanatu flame flame was there first never saw either bother with one another

the regal is also considerably bigger than the flame. my Asfur occasionally chases the flame

Alfred good luck with the regal!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: