• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

S

steveo32

not tot hijack your thread but nypdfrogman how many angels do you have and are they all in a reef ? or is it just the regal?

As far as this warehouse place, how would you say it compares to absolutely fish ? Thats really the only place I go to get stuff because it the only palce that kinda of close to me that has anything worth buying.

Alfredo De La Fe

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Just dropped off the two damsels that have been tormenting my tank to Aquarium warehouse. Hopefully they will find a good home in a fish only tank or tank with very agressive fish.

They got more fish in and are expecting to get in more fish and corals on Thursday. A new guy named Roger is working there, seems to know his stuff. I wish them the best, when I first went there I got the feeling that they were hurting for business, thus the willingness to cut big deals. So far I have had nothing but good experiences, but I know what I am doing...

-Alfred

dreko

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
The owner told me that one should expect average run of the mill fish at their retail space. "Bread and Butter fish". Every once and a while they should get something non-average.
As for corals, this is NOT the place
I prefer Beitals (can get amazing deals there, usually on sundays!)

Dre

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Vendor
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
I wouldn't touch any fish out of Beitals tanks unless they're in the tank with the corals and even then I would be very careful. They have also fixed their coral tanks up better than what they where.

You need to go there when the owner isn't there and deal with the older guy also they have coupons on their web site for 50% off the 2nd coral or fish you buy and 10% off every purchase over $100, pretty good deal.

Alfredo De La Fe

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
They have had several non-"bread and butter" fish. Today in the tank:

2- Red Sea Copper band butterfly fish
Several purple anthias
Two or three square anthias
A funky cardinal fish
Some real nice angels (Not the average run of the mill stuff)
Several types of clowns, etc.

I bought a nice Elegance coral there as well as cleaner shrimp and a purple soft coral that I have never seen before.

-Alfred

coralcrazy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99%
97   1   0
wow..dude you are really pushing them..i didn't like the store...first off the tanks..are kept with no temp regulation...i would not be surprised if the fish are in 60 degree water...go to reef encounters or absolutly fish...you will buy healthier fish

Alfredo De La Fe

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Yeah, their tank temp runs a low of 72 degrees. Not necessarily pushing them, just glad to have a place 10 minutes away where I can haggle. ;-) So far I have had no bad experiences, does not mean I wont.

I like to help out the "little guy" whenever possible. These guys seem like they need the business and are willing to earn it, that's all.

-Alfred

dreko

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Hey Marrone,
you're right, I usually go only on sundays when Phil (older guy) is there.

I've landed some sweet sweet deals there, but only when phil is working. (Neon green colony of blastomussa merletti with bright yellow mouths = 35 dollars) ( I bought a Yasa Hasa goby last week for 20 dollars. )
But don't think it's amazing deals all day long. Lots of times, slim pickings and everything will be in sad sad shape. The upside, at times they'll have a quick turnover rate,and lots of new things will replace the old and dying.
I really have a love/hate relationship with this store.

For those who have never been: No pricing on the glass, so you have to ask for prices.

NYPDFrogman

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Alfredo De La Fe said:
They have had several non-"bread and butter" fish. Today in the tank:

2- Red Sea Copper band butterfly fish
Several purple anthias
Two or three square anthias
A funky cardinal fish
Some real nice angels (Not the average run of the mill stuff)
Several types of clowns, etc.

I bought a nice Elegance coral there as well as cleaner shrimp and a purple soft coral that I have never seen before.

-Alfred
I hope ypu dont have the elgance in with the regal if so say good buy to the elegance!

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Vendor
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
I don't like that they don't have any prices on the tanks and when the owner is there he sizes you up before giving you a price. They use to have corals just thrown in the tank and some upside down or other just dying. When I was there last time, which was about a year ago, they had the coral tanks really setup nice. They do get some interesting corals and inverts not to mention some rare and large fish.

It's kinda like the relationship with Fish Town, as you need to know what your dealing with when you go there but you can come away with some thing really nice for a cheap price.

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 100%
85   0   0
I went to this place ,
man this place really sucked the big one

$15 for poly filters
$35 for blood shrimp
$70 for sea chem slat ,,

oh yeah lets not forget the 100 + tanks they had with 10 fish in the place ,and $60 fora 3" Clown (tomato clown )

Maybe i went on the worng day ,but not special in the place .

Last edited:

Chris5

Im BaAaAcK
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Dont bother....

I dont mean to hate on this place, but me and kuya went about a month ago and it was a run down warehouse looking place, nothing good except the one shark tank, and the giant skimmers/fluidized sandbed filter things, other than that not a place thats to appealing and there tanks are small and dirty in every aspect :smash:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: