• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

jadran

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Louey":2dubmwiz said:
Chip wrote:

Randy, how much does that clam weigh, anyway?

Peace,

Chip

Obviously, I have never weighed him. But I would guess that he weighs 7 - 8 pounds. Of course, most of that is water weight.

Good question though.

Louey

clam on 4th pic is gigas, right? How long do you have it and how quickly it grows? Thx.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
jadran wrote:

clam on 4th pic is gigas, right? How long do you have it and how quickly it grows? Thx.

I bought that clam on December 31, 2002 from clamsdirect.com. It was 4-5" long then. I would guess that it is 14" now. Maybe bigger.

Here's a thread from the day I recieved it.

Here's a threads from when I had it about 5 months.

Here's a thread from after about 8 months.

Louey

jadran

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
cool, what a beauty! I wonder can you still see through his inhalant siphon or was it just shipping / stress related..?

That's one nice, spacey aquarium btw. It'll be cool to see it in future and to compare all those fraggies, their growth and so.. :D

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
jadran wrote:

I wonder can you still see through his inhalant siphon or was it just shipping / stress related..?

You can still see though it. It is normal for a gigas. Not stress related at all. I wasn't aware of this when I posted that in the other thread.

Louey

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: