• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

A

Anonymous

JohnB,

Ok, then rent a boat and try to go out to them with out a permit (not a fish collecting permit, just a permit to be there), I'll visit you in jail, if you weren't sunk by the Navy first. They are highly protected area, and are patrolled by the Mexican Navy. They're just like the Galapagos, you need a special permit even to be within the waters of the islands. I thought they fell under the national parks protection, but I could be wrong on that JohnB, never the less, they are a highly protected area. People have spent time in jail for removing clarions from them, and for simply being there. Your boat, no matter if it was rented, will become the property of the Mexican Navy as well.

Seamaiden, Mary would first have to purchase one herself, and thats if she could even find one.

A

Anonymous

Dustin, I heard they used to use the clarions for bait. Catching tons at a time, and simply using them like you would a mackral or anchovie.

DustinDorton

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He never told me that they used them for bait. The knew how much they were worth. Those things probably do make excellent bait though, nice and bright!

Dustin

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm talking about your average angler and local Mexicans. Sounds like your dad isn't your average angler (sounds like some one I'd like to meet). Is your dad into reef tanks?

DustinDorton

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, he is not into reef tanks. Just fishing. I have been down to Alijos Rocks a few times, I can remember the cross-hatch triggers swarming at the surface. Should let the guys on the boats know how much they are worth!

Dustin

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: