• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

tomzpc

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice pics Josh and a pleasure to meet you by the way.

Did they say when they expected to start shipping them (tunze nanostreams)? I thought there would have been more press about these. Especially since the Vortech problems seem to be fairly widespread (except in House's tank.)

I was one of two raffle winners of a vortech pump along with the battery backup so I'm hoping that they've fixed most of the problems. According to the developers and the retailers that I spoke too they have. Got to play with the programmable "remote" controller for the vortechs too. Cool stuff.

By the way there were 55 Euro-reef RS-80 skimmers in the raffle and one dude (dirk) won like 10 of them. That was pretty crazy.

Rating - 97.4%
74   2   0
Congrats Tom nice score. I think you will be very happy with the pump. I also believe the glitches have been taken care of and there are many very happy owners despite what some would lead you to believe. The battery back up is awesome... takes the product to whole different level IMO. The early Beta controller was really cool too . Randy

cali_reef

Fish and Coral Killer
Rating - 97.3%
36   1   0
Congrats Tom nice score. I think you will be very happy with the pump. I also believe the glitches have been taken care of and there are many very happy owners despite what some would lead you to believe. The battery back up is awesome... takes the product to whole different level IMO. The early Beta controller was really cool too . Randy

I would buy two Vortecs and the controller if they decide to add that super cool wave function.

tomzpc

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Yeah I was pretty pumped up Randy. The Vortech guys thought it was pretty funny considering that I spent a fair amount of time over the weekend talking to them about the vortechs and their development. I had concerns about bringing the 13 lb. battery backup in my luggage. My suitcase just made it under the weight limit. My bag WAS searched by security though. They left me a little note. I noticed this morning on Aquatic Specialties site that the battery backups are limited to ground delivery as per the FAA. Oops...heh. Sorry I didn't get to meet you. Josh said hello at the happy hour reception but we really didn't chat much since we were just getting ready to head out.

Rating - 97.4%
74   2   0
Funny story Tom.

Pierce, That pressure wave was something they just discovered while playing around with the controller it was not intentional... kinda taking the piss out of the Tunze Wavebox I think. There is no reason you won't be able to do that yourself. It is just finding the proper on/off/ volumn sequence.

House of Laughter

Super Moderator
Staff member
Vendor
Rating - 100%
310   0   0
Funny story Tom.

Pierce, That pressure wave was something they just discovered while playing around with the controller it was not intentional... kinda taking the piss out of the Tunze Wavebox I think. There is no reason you won't be able to do that yourself. It is just finding the proper on/off/ volumn sequence.

And the best thing about it is that you can change the wave type by relocating the pumps - try doing that with a wavebox.

Really kewl and kudos to you Tom on the win, we had to fly (no I mean literally) cause our flight was at 3:55 -

House

cali_reef

Fish and Coral Killer
Rating - 97.3%
36   1   0
Yeah I was pretty pumped up Randy. The Vortech guys thought it was pretty funny considering that I spent a fair amount of time over the weekend talking to them about the vortechs and their development. I had concerns about bringing the 13 lb. battery backup in my luggage. My suitcase just made it under the weight limit. My bag WAS searched by security though. They left me a little note. I noticed this morning on Aquatic Specialties site that the battery backups are limited to ground delivery as per the FAA. Oops...heh. Sorry I didn't get to meet you. Josh said hello at the happy hour reception but we really didn't chat much since we were just getting ready to head out.

Not cool to have a lead-acid battery in an airplane cargo compartment..

cali_reef

Fish and Coral Killer
Rating - 97.3%
36   1   0

Its not that easy, those things are microprocessor controlled and I am not into designing.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: