• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Rating - 100%
162   0   0
I got this pretty good shot a few months ago from a buddys tank if you look close u can see a jumbo afew on the left and in the center there's 2 egg clusters.just thought I would share it for those who wonder what they look like .hey maybe it will help identify them for someone .guys please also if you suspect you have flatworms be a responsable reefer and don't sell your stuff to others .or at least warn them that you suspect u may have or had aefw .

Rating - 100%
162   0   0
Lmao sorry here you go

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1376486576258.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1376486576258.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 463
Rating - 100%
162   0   0
Funny thing is adam the tank that I took the pic from is awsome its a 100 cube with sps colonys the size of grapefruits I felt bad letting by buddy know he's got them ....he is **** also qt sps for months and hasn't bought anyghing in over a year ..he did however recently lose a few wrasses he had in the tank due to his achillies tang messing with them

MIKE NY

Two Decade Club
Rating - 100%
204   0   0
a pic all too familiar...unforunately anyone who has been into SPS for any length of time will get them no matter what you do...I've had them numerous times over the years and I dip and inspect everything going in. I think many tanks have them without knowing it even when the tank is thriving....it only becomes apparent when their numbers grow...

Jaftica

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
88   0   0
a pic all too familiar...unforunately anyone who has been into SPS for any length of time will get them no matter what you do...I've had them numerous times over the years and I dip and inspect everything going in. I think many tanks have them without knowing it even when the tank is thriving....it only becomes apparent when their numbers grow...

I agree, I did not know they were in my tank till I broke it down and saw the eggs

MikeC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
213   0   0
So the guys with experiance( from your friends tanks of course lol)
What would be your recomendations assuming not every sps (encrusting) can be pulled out and diped every week.

Dip what you can and wrasses? Would this plane work or is it inevitably going to lead to a brake down?

Rating - 100%
162   0   0
Well honestly I have had them before .but that pic is from my friends tank .I went there to get a few acro frags I've been looking for and noticed them.newdless to say I went home empty handed .whwn I had them I set up a qt tank and dipped every week and a half ..I added a few diff wrasses .I did however loss a lot anything that I dipped and found them on again in the following dip I threw out

jerl77

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
I got them pulled all the acros
Set up a qt tank dipped once a week for 8 weeks
Next time I will live with them for sure
Will never do that again lost about half my acros

jerl77

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
Me to jerl I think I did more bad than good by pulling them .and to be honest I think everyone who has a sps tank got them

I agree and I bet half mr has them
My problem is when people have them and sell corals knowing they have them
I know where I got them from and it amazing to know this guy sells corals like no tomorrow but will not tell you about them
But I guess anything to make a buck

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
162   0   0
Yeah I def think that's wrong I would never...but like you said a buck is a buck to some people .I really think that's y so many people have them .I also think your better off buying wild colonys especially witht he little acro crabs in them I'm sure they would eat them .I'm not sure but I think they just discover aefw in the wild .

jerl77

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
Yeah I def think that's wrong I would never...but like you said a buck is a buck to some people .I really think that's y so many people have them .I also think your better off buying wild colonys especially witht he little acro crabs in them I'm sure they would eat them .I'm not sure but I think they just discover aefw in the wild .

Yep crazy

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: