• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Rating - 97.4%
74   2   0
Intuition says Acro crabs should help ( it is my instinct as well) but I don't think there is any hard evidence that this is the case. Still, I can't shake my recollection of the timeline in the hobby for the appearance of AEFW's which came shorlty on the heels of the widespread use of Interceptor for Red Bug treatment = lots of dead Acro crabs.

MIKE NY

Two Decade Club
Rating - 100%
204   0   0
makes sense...I recently did battle with AEFW again and the only colony that looked like it had no effect, faded colors, bites, STN etc.. was a large green table colony with an acro crab. ...and it jumped from another coral which I lost.

MikeC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
213   0   0
Sorry I have posted this in another thread about who quarantines their coral but will post it hear also just incase it is if nothing ells a good pic for this thread :(

Ok so is it inevitable? Is this proof enough that my sps are going to turn to sh*#!
312fc243bfbee5ce04ed9a1b2ca3c674_zps5e644efe.jpg

Good pic right:skull:

I have heard of people trying to treat for aefw and dooing more harm then good.
I have also heard people still getting them after quarantining.
I was planning to dip in Bayer starting tomorow and putting back in DT.

I don't have a QT and think things will be more stable in the DT.
Has anyone done this and had good luck or am I looking at a brake down in the near future?

I have not seen any Aefw and no signs when blowing of sps with turkey baster ?
I have a coris wrass is it possible he is keeping them in check?
But my fear is a pic sais 1000 words :( someone please tell me these aren't aefw eggs

Rating - 100%
162   0   0
Yeah I really think mike everyone either has them or has had them .if you were to see my friends tank you would swear he doesn't have them but that pic vame from his tank he had no idea he had them he also has been using zeo flatworm stop from the day it came out as a preventive methid .now maybe the flatworm stop actually helps the corals to defend against them if you read there label its says something along the lines of helps prevent flatworms not rid of them who knows

MikeC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
213   0   0

jerl77

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
Mike I live on the same block as James
He lost all his corals due to that treatment
I know this for a fact
Nothing in his 220 came from that thread
He lost the battle with them and started over

jerl77

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
I just went through 8 weeks of qt and dipping not worth it at all
Had a qt system running just a nightmare
If I ever get them again I will live with them

jerl77

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
Sh**! thanks for the heads up !
Maybe you can add that to that link so no one ells gets the wrong idea.

Thanks
P.s.May have to switch to all T5's now for the next tank;)

If your looking for a easy answer there is none
This is what I would do live with them or throw them all out and let the tank be acro free for 8-10 weeks

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: