• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Imbarrie

PADI Dive Inst
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
What could have caused this on my yellow tang?
No fins damaged, had this fish over a year with zero problems.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByReefs1347987664.510894.jpg
    ImageUploadedByReefs1347987664.510894.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 246
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Hey Barrie,
Try pulling him to quarantine him and feed him kelp pellets soaked in vitachem. The same thing happen to my yellow tang and he unfortunely didnt make it before I pulled him. Any of your fish picking on him and stressing him out? My angelfish always had beef wit the yellow tang but got along for the most part. He just passed on sunday, the day he was going to get pulled and seperated.

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
HLLE would not cause a fish to stop eating (though that is what you are dealing with there).

It's important for tangs to have seaweed available on a daily basis for grazing. For all fish it is also important to provide a 'staple' food - aside from the mysis, meaty foods that we tend to offer. The Staple food should be fed for at least one meal per day and be a quality food that provides the vitamins that fish require.

Assuming you have other fish in the tank - what do you usually feed?

LongIslandAndy

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
IMO the lateral line color loss comes from:

1) Keeping your salt low (to prevent ick)
2) Running Copper constantly as a preventative for ick
3) Using mostly frozen foods with low protein content instead of a regular diet of high grade dry food ( pellets or flake) and supplementing with frozen.

You will rarely see a tang or angel get Lateral Line in a healthy reef tank with proper nutrition. We recently gave a customer a Purple Tang that was returned to the store by another customer that was healthy but horrible scarred. We are talking Phantom of the Opera scarred. After 2 months of vitamin soaked spectrum food the lateral line is almost all gone. If I can I will get the pics from the customer and post the before and after

Hope this helps
Andy

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: