• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

jpellica

AKA Fraghunter
Rating - 100%
76   0   0
I would not use any antibiotic in my tank. Cutting lights and feeding will do nothing its a bandaid not a fix. Cono is right special blend if it didn't work for you then your not using it correctly. Read the instructions again in a saltwater tank you have to double the dose i have a 120 and triple the dose and follow their schedule it works like a charm.

C

Chiefmcfuz

Rating - 100%
55   0   0
The reason for the cyano is because your water parameters are off. You need to get them in check before you can get rid of the cyano for good. These medications are just quick fix bandages. They are not a cure for it, proper husbandry is.

mbg75

DIATOM MAGNET
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
Cyano is a bacteria.

It also doesn't just appear in your tank. Yes it is fueled by light and high nutrients. But the fact is it came from another dirty reefer.

I had it and used Cyano Solution to get rid of it. And yes I know who I got it from.

Lights out for 4 days and it still comes back.
My nutrients are low. Nitrate 0, phosphates .03 on Hanna.
I only have to clean my glass every 2-2.5 weeks.
So I feel the solution to the problem is to keep the Cyano out of your tank in the first place.

BTW, JMO

Koyfam16

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
87   0   0
I was at aquarium village in LI last week and they had this really colorful nudibranch that they say only eats cyano. You can probably call them and inquire about it.

I have personally never seen a nudibranch like the ones they had. They were really nice looking though..lol

garys reef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Cyano is a bacteria.

It also doesn't just appear in your tank. Yes it is fueled by light and high nutrients. But the fact is it came from another dirty reefer.

I had it and used Cyano Solution to get rid of it. And yes I know who I got it from.

Lights out for 4 days and it still comes back.
My nutrients are low. Nitrate 0, phosphates .03 on Hanna.
I only have to clean my glass every 2-2.5 weeks.
So I feel the solution to the problem is to keep the Cyano out of your tank in the first place.

BTW, JMO

+ 100 mike but no one listens

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: