• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

fr3sco

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i bought the RO water and add it to the tank i did about a 25% change i want to keep coral and just a few fish i already have a 125 gallon set up with african cichlids and plecos so the saltwater i want to do coral i got a differen 125 set up i picked up for free yesterday that i will be trowing in saltwater fish i see everyone talking about a chiller do i also need that for my tank?

andylee

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
You should do some research on lighting before investing in any corals. Depending on the lighting and room temperature, you may or may not need a chiller. Water changes in a 125 will wipe out your budget if you buy bottled water from a store. Get the RO/DI everyone is talking about. I thought you needed somethinhg like that for cichlids as well.

Are you adding salt well ahead of time and letting it aerate?

fr3sco

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
no the water change is for the saltwater and yes i added the salt to the r/o water before i air rated for 24 hours to room temp. i cant really by the r/o u guys are talking about right now because i whent fish crazy bought a 125 gallon for my cichlids bought 2 new fluval 406 plus power heads and all the decoration for the tank plus the saltwater tank and skimmer ect ect if i spend another dollar on my aquariums i will have to literally sleep with the fishes becuase my girl will kill me i spent well over 3 thousand in a week on fish supplys and tanks........... lol but i will buy it assoon as my girl goes on vacation

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: