• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Widdy

Vendor
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
That's a great price if you can find one..since they are so new.
The pricing is way better than the Ranco controllers we all used for so long!

Yea Kathy, those Rancos are built like tanks. I have one for a tank in the basement where temps drop drastically. Rock solid product, just the wiring was a little PITA.

44santababy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Ranco controller, two weeks ago i started a thread asking if there was a device that would turn on my window A/C unit if my tank temp rose to high in the room and this was also recommended. So i understand correctly, this controller will turn my A/C unit on if my tank reaches certain high temps AND cut power to my heater if the tank temps rise due to a heater stuck ON. Is this correct?

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
Yea, the true temp is mad on , but the ranco being +1 -1 is deff solid. Welcome. It's just a swing like that cold be bad for our systems

It's always nice to have the sensor being more accurate but the swing should be handled by the heater first. The extra controller is mostly for safety in case the heater got stuck(and to prevent my parrot from twisting the heater to the max which killed my 22" Black Aronwana years back.):irked:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: