• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

NewfiDog

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My sump will no way be as large as yours so that 20 seconds brings in a fair amount of water to the sump. It wont overflow but it does bring the water level to high for the skimmer so if i dont turn off the skimmer it overflows. So it is just as easy to turn of the valves.

No big deal just saying.

albano

Saltwater since 1973
Staff member
Vendor
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
My sump will no way be as large as yours so that 20 seconds brings in a fair amount of water to the sump. It wont overflow but it does bring the water level to high for the skimmer so if i dont turn off the skimmer it overflows.
AHHH, that's the right answer...that your sump does NOT overflow if the pump failed!...
BTW...even with my XXL sump, the water line will rise and 'mess up' my skimmer if the power fails... but my system does drain to the house drains

mbg75

DIATOM MAGNET
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
Maybe you could tee the pump output, put a valve off the tee returning the water back to the pump section of the sump...

Kind of like a return on a fuel pump.

JUST AN IDEA, NOT SURE IF IT WILL WORK..

Might cause bubbles though

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

rkaragozler

Newbiee 4 Ever
Rating - 100%
125   0   0
Maybe you could tee the pump output, put a valve off the tee returning the water back to the pump section of the sump...

Kind of like a return on a fuel pump.

JUST AN IDEA, NOT SURE IF IT WILL WORK..

Might cause bubbles though

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
If you T it right and allow the access water to drain into skimmer area you won't get any bubbles.

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
this hobby has enough dangers to worry about.i would never put a valve on my drain.dnt make things so complicated guys.either put a valve on your return pump pipe or get another pumper with less GPH problem slved with no headaches down the line and you can worry aout other things.

CHEMCHEF

PERMANOOB
Rating - 100%
79   0   0
this hobby has enough dangers to worry about.i would never put a valve on my drain.dnt make things so complicated guys.either put a valve on your return pump pipe or get another pumper with less gph problem slved with no headaches down the line and you can worry aout other things.
+1

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: