• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
santababy, welcome to the MR family!:hug:

It is great that you have the dough to purchase what you want! While I'm here please allow me to add a couple of things.;)

First I would get Eheim Ebo Jager Heaters over any other heater out there. I've had a few other "good" brand heaters go on me costing the life of my animals.:(
Second, do get some sort of controller for those heaters. Yes, those. You should have at least 2.
Get rid of the glass covers. Definitely do not need, nor want them on a reef.;) They'll only serve to trap gases in your system. Plus it will hold the heat in the tank, and keep light from penetrating as well as it should. Besides the amount of salt creep on them in a couple of days is enough to make you want to gag.lol Get screen covers for your tank just in case you fall in love with "Jumper Fish".;)

Once again Welcome to MR. I'm sure you'll like it here. Do come to our semi annual "Frag Swap" meet. You'll get to meet a bunch of great people, as well as getting to see prattreefs' reef tank. They are a sight to behold........ I promise.;)

44santababy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Awibrandy...

Thanks and i shall attend as much events as possible. Just wanted people to know this fact, i asked for the cover because i have two sphynx cats. I DO NOT trust them...they will make attempts to reach the top of the tank. Otherwise i would of went rimless. It would destroy me to find one of my cats and tank dead. Cover it will be :goldfish2

k1600

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,
I am new to the forum and was reading through this. In case I missed this as I was reading through quickly, the SRO skimmer is a good choice but I think the 1000 is too small. I would try the 2000. Also go with a titanium heather instead of glass.

Good luck with everything. learn what you can.
Ken

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: