• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Baja170

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have any questions about it, give a shout. There are a couple of things that I thought took some figuring out till someone else told me. Am happy to help as others helped me.

Only issues I am having so far is that I have one PM1 module that I think is bad out of the box. It will be recognized when you first plug it in, but in an hour or so it just disappears even though a green LED still shows on it. I can plug another PM 1 (I have 4 of them) into the same sensor and USB cable and it has worked fine for over 24 hours, so I guess the first PM1 is bad.

Only other issue I am having is a nano koralia power head will not turn off during the feeding cycle. If I unplug it and plug it back into the EB8, it will be off until the feed timeout is reached then it will turn back on. I have tried it in two of the EB8 receptacles and it has the same problem.

Other than that I am learning and the sites posted in this thread with the unofficial manual is really amazing. Thank you!!

Last edited:

ming

LE Coral Killer
Rating - 100%
272   0   0
Only issues I am having so far is that I have one PM1 module that I think is bad out of the box. It will be recognized when you first plug it in, but in an hour or so it just disappears even though a green LED still shows on it. I can plug another PM 1 (I have 4 of them) into the same sensor and USB cable and it has worked fine for over 24 hours, so I guess the first PM1 is bad.

Only other issue I am having is a nano koralia power head will not turn off during the feeding cycle. If I unplug it and plug it back into the EB8, it will be off until the feed timeout is reached then it will turn back on. I have tried it in two of the EB8 receptacles and it has the same problem.

Other than that I am learning and the sites posted in this thread with the unofficial manual is really amazing. Thank you!!

According to that unoffical manual, you might have an issue if the device is < 4-5W on outlets 1-3 or 5-7 and they fail in the open state. Its on page 14-15.

Baja170

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
According to that unoffical manual, you might have an issue if the device is < 4-5W on outlets 1-3 or 5-7 and they fail in the open state. Its on page 14-15.

That is my problem. I actually also have one of the newer variable speed Koralia's also doing the same thing on my 93G Cube. I will have to make sure they are on the relay controlled outlets 4&8 unless there is a work-around.
My simple Koralia Program on the ones that fail on is:
Fallback ON
Set OFF
If Time 06:00 to 22:00 Then ON
If FeedA 010 Then OFF

THe PM1 is definitely bad. No matter what EB8/PM1/PM2 I hook it to, after about 15 to 45 minutes it just disappears out of the list. It is still there under module setup but on the status screen it is gone.

chinatown

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
i am having problems with my pH probe for the RKL. It keeps showing 7.01 pH after calibrating it with both the 7.01 and 10.01 solution. i did it multiple times, could it be that the probe is broken?

pweissma

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
i am having problems with my pH probe for the RKL. It keeps showing 7.01 pH after calibrating it with both the 7.01 and 10.01 solution. i did it multiple times, could it be that the probe is broken?

If it calibrates to the pH 10 solution it's unlikely to be the probe. Typically with a probe failure the reading jumps around. Could be the SL1 (or SL2?) or the head unit. I had pH calibration problems that turned out to be caused by a bad RKL head unit. I only found this out after the iTemp also went bad and replacing the head unit fixed the problem.

C

Chiefmcfuz

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Have you tried putting it in a bucket of newly mixed saltwater after you make it? See if it changes then.

chinatown

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
dont think its the head unit, iTemp is working fine. As for the SL1, I'm not sure but I have an ATO going into the SWA port and its working as well. Perhaps I didn't calibrate it correctly.

I actually put the probe back into the 10.01 solution after i calibrated it and it never went past 7.29.

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: