• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

albano

Saltwater since 1973
Staff member
Vendor
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
definitely going to be under estimating my total water volume. DT is 150gl and sump 40g, but only dosing for the 150 gallons.
IMO, unless you can very accurately calculate the true water volume of your system this is an exceedingly risky thing to do.... And i suspect most of us can't.

+1... Randy...I see a problem here, too!
Everyone should really try to understand their actual tank volume, especially when dosing drugs!...
A 150g tank actually holds about 135g, and with average to heavy rockwork and an overflow, is probably closer to 100g
Since a sump also holds less than it's 'rated' volume, AND is often run 1/2 full,and with some LR... a 40g sump is less than 20g
So if you really want to UNDER estimate total tank volume, a 150g DT plus 40g sump would be safer at 100g. A big (33%) difference from the 150g estimate!

James404

MH for Life!
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Good luck Pauli. Im doing my 4th treatment this coming Tuesday, have had no ill effects so far. After the 4th treatment I will be watching the corals closely for signs of reinfestation and dipping periodically to see if they are actually gone.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: