• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Gmandese

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Does anyone have any excess freshwater plants? Maybe something overgrowing your tank? I have a 30g freshwater tank in addition to my reef tanks, and I would like to intensify my plantings for a more natural look, and replace my plastic ones! I have a little bit of live, but I need more.

Maybe trade/free/sell cheap?

gil716

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Hey Gerry,
I actually have a 46g freshwater with plants. That's why I got that dual strip light from you. They're not big enough for cutting yet, but I'll let you know when pruning time comes around. I also have a couple of friends that have FW planted tanks - with more serious setups. I'll see if they have anything.

Gmandese

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Ok, thanks.
As for livestock, it's a 29g with mostly community fish, rosy barbs, pristellas, giant danios, neons, tricolor sharks, some kind of cool loach, a green severum, and a very small frontosa.That one will be really nice when he gets big! They grow very slowly.

ctxmonitor

Rating - 100%
79   0   0
lol.. I also had a 2 freshwater tank. One lake Tanganyika Cichlids and a planted tank. Both tank went to a dark/bad sides after starting up reef.

I just gave out all my fish in the planted tank and redo the tanganyika tank. Didn't wanted to started another salt tank because of the cost.

Got any picture of your tank?

ctxmonitor

Rating - 100%
79   0   0
absolutely.. Thats why I setup a planted tank in the beginning. But I guess I was too cheap to buy new light and those florite gravel and keep with a additives :rolleyes: :rolleyes: That is why I started a reef tank instead..LOL..

jhale said:
I'd do a planted tank, they look as cool as a reef tank to me when done right.

Gmandese

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Here are some pics of my freshie tank. Remember, all the "plants" are plastic, except for the grassy clump. I took the pics with the tank lighting, no flash, that's why you get movement blurs from the fish. The last pic shows my baby frontosa hiding in the back.

Attachments

• freshie 1.jpg
    freshie 1.jpg
    184 KB · Views: 61
  • freshie 3.jpg
    freshie 3.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 61
  • freshie 5.jpg
    freshie 5.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 59
  • freshie 2.jpg
    freshie 2.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 60
  • freshie 4.jpg
    freshie 4.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 59

Gmandese

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Also, if anyone has a piece of driftwood, a log, or something like that, that's maybe left from when you USED to have a freshie tank! The stuff they sell in the LFS is ridiculously over-priced imo.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: