• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

desertreefer

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So ladies and gents...I'm wondering if any of you have had a coral like mine....Here's the background:

When I got the coral in December 1999 it had about six good-size branches with multiple polyps at the end of each branch. After six or eight months, it looked like it had developed a brown-jelly infection on part of the colony. I broke the colony in half and used a freshwater dip on the "infected" polyps. A couple of the other polyps bailed out and I ended up losing that half of the colony. The other half of the colony was doing fine. Six more months went by with no problem, now in the last two days I've had two polyps bail out of a seemingly healthy coral. One of the escapees is sitting on the substrate in the corner of the tank. (I'm leaving it there to see what happens.) The other must have ended up under the rockwork.

The funny thing is, this coral goes from looking healthy and happy (for example, growing new baby polyps all around the the "parent" branches) to polpys bailing for no apparent reason. It's giving me gray hair and a headache.
icon_sad.gif

Sandy

[ June 11, 2001: Message edited by: desertreefer ]

desertreefer

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Eric,

No problem with the camera. I have my own. I'm in California until Tuesday. I'll send them to you Tuesday night.

As for the pictures... Do you want pictures of the polyp that bailed as well as the remaining colony? Anything specific you want to see?

Sandy

Eric Borneman

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The little buds if and when they happen, the bailed living polyp and the corallite it came outof would be great! Thanks

Eric

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: