• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

A

Anonymous

Did I miss a posted doc indicating what we're supposed to be reading for the week? I've got the books, just don't know the chapters. Can anyone help me out here? Thanks

------------------
One Ring to rule them all. One Ring to find them. One Ring to bring them all, and in The Darkness bind them

Tahoereefs.com

A

Anonymous

In the Sunday chat, it was said the lecture, reading and quiz data would be posted that night(Sunday). Wonder what happened?

Has anyone received their last quiz score back yet?
D*ckT

A

Anonymous

What are we supposed to be reading anyhow? Bauplan? Histology? Dubinsky? And is anyone working on converting all those graphics files over to .pdf so they are in a more user-friendly format? I know that my readings are only semi-complete as when I downloaded them a number of the files were missing. I have no clue which ones are actually the ones I need to download either as when I downloaded them the graphics format was all screwy and I had to convert and save them as different filenames. I would appreciate it if the Ops would convert them to compltete .pdf for us! Hint, hint!
wink.gif
I know that all the text is there in a partial .pdf format for Histology and Dubinsky but I'd like to see the figures, etc get added to those files.

Thanks guys/gals!
biggrin.gif

Shane

A

Anonymous

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote
In the Sunday chat, it was said the lecture, reading and quiz data would be posted that night(Sunday). Wonder what happened?

Eric stated that incorrectly, and I corrected him during the lecture. The lectures and quizzes are posted on Mondays.

Cheers
James

------------------
Reefs.org Channel Operator

A

Anonymous

Am i missing something here, it is past 5pm Pacific time and i dont see anything up

------------------
reef as if your life depended on it. Yours might but the sea's does
Doug @ TheReefTank.com administrator

A

Anonymous

I don't know what to say you guys. I feel like you aren't giving me a chance to keep my promises here. I said I will put them up on monday, and monday isn't even close to over for me, and you're already second guessing me here.

I came in to the office AFTER a full day working out of the office to PDF your lectures and quizzes. I put them up around 6 o'clock my time, which I don't think is unreasonable. What more can I do?

FWIW, I have also uploaded the weeks quizzes and quiz answers from when Eric and I were gone. I JUST received those today. Again, what more can I do here?

I don't want anyone to think I am shirking my duties. I'm working within the constraints I have been given, and I feel that I am meeting my obligations w.r.t MACO. All I ask is to please don't make my job more difficult than it is right now.

James Wiseman

------------------

A

Anonymous

Sorry James.
Just thought maybe I overlooked something. I really wasn't pointing out anything. Just asked a question. I know you're busy. I just wanted to make sure I didn't screw up. I'm cool with it.
smile.gif

A

Anonymous

James...
You do what you can, when you can. I work full time, go to school full time and also took on this course to top it all off. Not to mention the hockey playoffs are on now.

Thanks for what you do,

Scott

A

Anonymous

I don't know about you guys, but I am still catching up on the reading, it wouldn't hurt my feelings to let James and Eric get caught up from their trips abroad, then start again this Sunday (May 6th) with the next assignments, etc. Personally, I would like to see a topic on the index page with the assignments in terms of what pages we DO need to read, and where we are supposed to be. I realize that this is in addition to what you do, James, it is the same for us as students, so no problem with the back log. We could be catching up on what we have to read if we know what we need to do,. though...

My 2 cents (US) worth...

heh heh heh

------------------
Tom <"{{{{>(
Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something -Plato

A

Anonymous

The lecture should be up. reading assignments are and have been posted at the beginning of the lecture. Also, quiz summary, and answer sheet are up. The old .jpg files from Week 3 are in James' hands, and he is going to be working on those as easy to read pdf's as he gets time. Also to be uploaded are the week's reading assignments from Aquarium Corals for thos of you who have not gotten the book yet.

Should be it, right?

Eric

A

Anonymous

Done, Done, and Done.

James

------------------

A

Anonymous

Thanks to both of you guys for the huge amount of work - for little payback. I certainly appreciate all you both are doing to provide a variety of diverse materials to educate us to sources we never would have found ourselves.

A

Anonymous

Did I miss something I'm still back waiting for material from Week 3? Does anyone have any idea what's going on?

Dan

A

Anonymous

Dan

Weeks 3 and 4 have been available, although in unwieldy jpeg fashion...they have been up for almost a month. They are now available as pdf's. Week 5 lecture and reading has been available since Monday.

Eric

A

Anonymous

Since Week 3 and Week 4 are not lectures, I have posted them in the Texts section. Please read the previous posts in this forum for location, login/pwd, etc.

Everything has been posted that is supposed to be posted, and we are 100% current.

Cheers
James Wiseman

------------------

A

Anonymous

Okay...well I guess I missed those...all this time I've been waiting for the materials for weeks 3 and 4 in a format I could digest....oh well...let me have a look at week 5 and see if I can pick up the pieces and motivation to continue.

Dan

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: