• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

A

Anonymous

Paul Beckman was kind enough to convert the week 4 dubinsky reading to a PDF format. I would like to thank Paul, as he put in a lot of work to do this for us.

The reading is online in the WEEK 4 LECTURE folder.

Is this a reading, or a lecture? You guys let me know and i will put it in the proper place.

What reading are we on? What week's lecture are we on? (What am I on...;-)

Cheers
James

------------------
Reefs.org Channel Operator

A

Anonymous

Paul Beckman...I should have waited!!!! But, I didn't and spent a lot of time downloading the .gif's.
Paul, your effort was massive! I'm sure all the people who haven't yet downloaded wil be thanking you, BIG TIME. Great job.
D*ckT

A

Anonymous

Fellow classmates--
You'll find both the .pdf files of the Dubinsky and the histology reading in Week 4 folder (thanks James). I did not get to the Bauplan reading yet.
They both include only text material, excluding the figures and tables. A couple of the figure legends are in there. Be forewarned that I used "placeholder" pages for pages that did not include any text. There should be a little annotation on that page indicating what file on the MACO site contains that image. I tried to read through the text and hope I caught most of the obvious errors. I did italicize the genera and species names as best I could. A couple of places get a little dicey because the OCR didn't work on the text. I do not guarantee accuracy but it looks (reads) pretty well.
If I do the bauplan reading, I'll be sure to pass it on to James.
Regards,
Paul Beckmann (with two n's ;-)

A

Anonymous

Paul Beckmann...Thanks again from all of us!
and I've always said "two NN's are better than one". Sorry about that.
D*ckT

A

Anonymous

Thanks Paul...I appreciate the effort...it's the first time I've seen the material in a format I could readily access.

James...Paul's work focused on the text and before I try to figure what is going on with the tables and other images, I'm curious to know whether you're planning to convert those over to pdfs as well?

Dan

A

Anonymous

Well,

I can do it now and it will take me roughly 3 hours if I have the right software.

Or I can wait until Eric gets back (monday) and it will take me about 3 minutes.

Which would you folks prefer? Me try to do it now, or wait?

Cheers
James

------------------

A

Anonymous

James;

I, for one, can wait. It will be easier on you and this way we don't run the chance of something being put up that is hard to open or doesn't work or whatever.

A

Anonymous

Well...I guess I've waited two weeks now to do the reading...what's another week eh? We still don't have those lecture notes either so why don't we just wait on it.

I assume these April 22nd quiz/labs dates will shift accordingly?

Dan

A

Anonymous

i noticed that all the diagrams charts and pictures in the week 3 conversion to pdf did not come through, only the text. is that a problem?

gary

A

Anonymous

I don't have a copy of the week4 lecture. Anyone have one they can send me and I'll upload it? If not, we may have to wait.

I'll check with the other administrators as well.

Cheers
James

------------------

A

Anonymous

Now I'm confused, lol. I didn't think there ever was a lecture for week 4. Just the labs and reading what we hadn't finished???

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: