• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

A

Anonymous

Hi Janna,

I asume they're converting the files to *.pdf.

Nat

[This message has been edited by Savaraya (edited 10 April 2001).]

A

Anonymous

Tehlia and I attanded a MASOV meeting last night (marine Aquaium Society of Victoria)and the president of the society who has a lot to do with reefs.org indicated that the publisher of Erics book got wind that excerts were being posted here, and requested that they be takin off.

James could confirm this.

A

Anonymous

There is nothing in the lecture file, can everyone else get to it? It was there earlier this morning and now all that's there is the parent directory.

Janna

A

Anonymous

I find that rather petty if it's true. Not unexpected I suppose but sheesh! Not only have most of us here bought the book, even if some are still waiting for shipping, but I've been recommending it right along with Eric's PGTC to everyone who asks about books on the boards I frequent. I know others are doing the same! Shoot, as may times as I've recommended PGTC to newbies on thereeftank.com, I oughtta get a percentage
wink.gif

~Alice

A

Anonymous

Heck!

You'd think that Eric would have the final say over what happens with the copyright for his book... Not sure that this is true, maybe James or Eric can clear this up fr us, after all, I would think that even if it were not in the best interest of selling the few books that we would account for, as you said (Alice), most of us, if not all of us have already bought the book and are (were) waiting for shipping. We all are definitely the best source for recommendations on all the books we are using here, and if nothing else, we prolly will generate 5 or more sales for each one book we have purchaced, prolly many, many more. It's not like most of us here don't post and make recommendations for these and many more books...

Just my $0.02US worth...

------------------

A

Anonymous

The lectures are there, but the scans of EIS had to be removed at Tuttle Publishing's request.

They offered to let us use electronic copies of their book, provided we pay a royalty fee. I am trading phone calls w/ Tuttle right now trying to get more details.

I think it's a shame too. WE suffer because they can't ship their book in a timely manner, despite MONTHS of warning.

Cheers
James

PS, the fact still remains that ONE OF US (the maco students) told Tuttle about this, so ultimately, we are responsible.

------------------
Reefs.org Channel Operator

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: