• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

A

Anonymous

Bill...echo Desertreefer...What or who is Dubinsky??? Do we now have to buy ANOTHER book? What is the reading?...you know, page numbers...titles...things like that.
D*ckT

A

Anonymous

Go to:

http://www.reefs.org/maco/course_2/

Scroll down and look for "TEXTS". Click on it. Enter name and password that James provided you if it asks for it. Click on "reading4/" and then click on "Dubinsky, Coral Reefs/". There's all the files you need.

hth

Shane

A

Anonymous

I would suggest that the reading assignments (Book titles/authors and page numbers) be posted on the board every Monday. If there are readings outside EIS and AC, post them in the lecture folder for that week *and* provide the URL's in the post. This will let us get to our reading with no dependence on writing/conversion/uploading/etc. of the actual lecture itself. (The "scanned text" directory is not the place to put these since some of us have books and do not have the special code to access that area.)
Cheers -- PaulJ

A

Anonymous

First of all, there is no new book. There is a Chapter in a book, referenced, that is a reading assignment and substitutes for a written lecture. This is the material from Dubinsky.

Paul:

The reading assignments are posted every Monday in the lecture.

We had almost all the material up on the reading material site by Monday at three in the morning. I sent along the rest by Monday afternoon. Believe me, nothing would have made me happier than to have had it all uploaded by the morning. But, scanning and sending by slow email jpeg's, rather than usinga special pdf scanner that takes a few minutes to upload had bogged us down by a few hours.

I think, or hope, that all the unreadable scans and a complete set of reading for 2 weeks is now available.

Nonetheless, for future weeks, I will post reading assignments on this board, too. That's easy and will certainly not have problems attached to it ;-)

Eric

Eric

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: