• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

kennerd

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oops: I accidentally replied to the email stating that I received a Pm from you: precisely WHY I left work early yesterday. I wasn't feeling well.

Here's a Cut & Past from the reply:

OK, I highly recommend Southdown Play Sand: available @ Home Depots in this area for about $4.50 for a 50lb bag .

Depending on how deep you want to go,

2" deep only needs about 22 lbs.total. Then just get live sand to seed it from a few reefers: a few cups should do the trick.

What do I want for it? nothing, really: I'm using some in my other tanks, and then the rest goes to who ever needs it.

Ken

Now, I was planning on going into the city to deliver some to a buddy, but things have gotten cluster-f'ed for me. If you want some, and feel like making a trip up this way, let me know. I can probably hook you up with about 2 cups, as well as directions along the way to the Home Depot that carries the Southdown. I'm just off 287, about 5 miles from the Tappan Zee Bridge.

EL_DANTE

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Yea, that will definitely work out for me. I don't mind taking the ride over; it's not far at all. If you don't mind waiting a few days, I'll be really grateful for your offer. I am waiting for my system to come in. Hopefully it will be here tomorrow, latest Monday. Let me know. Thanks.

Xtrakritical

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ken,
I dont care what they say about you, youre a heck of a guy!!! lol
Whats ur poison??? you gotta have a drink on me!!!
Sending it via thermos of course!

Xtrakritical

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ken-
I recieved the frags! one word... Awesome!
thumb.gif

and thanks for being so generous!

El Dante- I also have a cup of live sand (full of feathers and critters my whole dsb is aragalive)for you when ur ready along with a small L/R if need be..
Did you get your equipment yet?
have u placed the order for ur L/R?

Definately look up Ken "Frag Pimp Daddy" when you need frags!(I gotta see these tanks of his!) :eek:

EL_DANTE

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Hey, you reefer people are alright. Xtra, thanks for the sand and L/R offer. I?ll take anything that experienced reefers are willing to give. As soon as my system comes in, I will definitely take you up on your offer.

As far as ordering equipment, I am trying to pick things up on these forums, which have been more than helpful. So far, so good.

As far as L/R, I have some rock that a friend passed on to me, but I am not really sure how live it is. I was actually going to start a thread to try to figure it out. It?s sitting in a 20gallon tank that he severely neglected. Well, Xtra and Ken, thanks again, and I?ll be seeing you soon.

Dopler

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definately look up Ken "Frag Pimp Daddy" when you need frags..hehe

Ken you got any bubble coral and gold crown toadstools? I'm in westchester about 20 miniutes from the tappan zee when i drive slow

kennerd

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dopler:

No bubble coral, but I do have a gold toadstool that is in the middle of splitting again. Each half has a crown of about 3-3.5", 4" tall. Will let you know when it is ready to split.

I'm about 10-15 minutes from the TZ depending on traffic.

Xtrakritical

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Originally posted by kennerd:
Alan:

I'll assume you made it home OK?
I would say yes! LOL
When I spoke to him last, he was already back in his neighborhood...
I think the problem was getting there!
Ken Everybody that has delt with you has nothing but Great things to say!!! You are a great asset to us newbie reefers and these forums!
Rob!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: