• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

House of Laughter

Super Moderator
Staff member
Vendor
Rating - 100%
310   0   0
I would be carefull with the NURCE system.

The way Nurce works is based on a siphon/vacuum - meaning when the water in your sump goes down, the water for the refill hose gets pulled through and levels it off -

The problem with this is that the fresh water is in constant contact with the salt water - now, you all know about salt creep, right, well, this is the same thing - the ionic transfer of salt to fresh continues to happen - this will eventually (albeit slowly) decreae your overall salinity, and then increase it again as the water tops off and evaporates - I know what you are saying . . . well, the float switch system does the same thing, right - well yes, but the float switch usually puts in like a quart or so, perhaps 2 - since the Nurce's are ually a few gallons large, this can dramatically effect your salinity and have it in a constant state of flux -

I have a friend who has one (I think it's 8 gallons) and he has had few problems with it - nothing major, but it lost its siphon a couple of times -

I would post an additional string to RC to see what some others have to say about it -

Just my $.02

House

beyondnp

BeyondNP
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My wife broke by digital camera so I just ordered one yesterday...

Anyway, it is a custom one (DIY) they created that ties into my RO/DI water supply. I guess it is similar to how a sump pump would work...

All parts were bought at home depot and I assume they could do it for you relatively inexpensively...

Good luck,

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: