• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Bori

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,
Looking to buy a chiller locally,will pick up. Need to drop 10*-15*F in my 110gal. So I guess it should be at least 1/5 hp. Will consider out of state shipped if price is right. --Rob--

Alfredo De La Fe

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I have a chiller, I think it is 1/4 HP, need to verify. But it does need servicing. (Needs freon) I stopped using it because I decided to cool the whole room with an AC and be comfortable, than to cool the tank and help warm up the room and have comfortable fish. ;)

Make me an offer. I will give back any money paid if servicing/adding freon does not work. (To add freon will probably cost about $50, there are guys in my area that do it for less, but you would have to find someone...)

-Alfred
917-287-5512

Bori

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Alfred,
Thanks for the offer. I also posted this on another BB and I think I found a chiller that I can use. If for some reason that offer does't pan out, I'll shoot you an email.
Like you, I wish I could put an a/c for me instead of the fish
, but my tank is in the basement of my attached house & the only window available for the exaust, is being used by the clothes drier vent. I've seen windowless units that are too expensive & very inefficient for the size of my bsmt. Thanks. --Rob--

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: