• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

da2145r

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Unfortunately I have to sell my beautiful seahorses they all healthy strong and active each are $80 obo I have 3 if u take all we can work out a good deal they are tank raised currently in a tank with clowns a tang and chromis they eat everything all types of live and frozen food as well as pick at pellets text or call me 917-755-7417
984933b2e5f73f8405599ee33a07f8f6.jpg
da2826f30d76fe07be7f78ff208ab079.jpg
4363b9a60e6207113bcf2267257ac117.jpg
66509846e3ce2d4091f5c9eee8a0c193.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
c09f9878cf7d3128bee00ecae5690531.jpg

Last edited:

drblakjak55

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Beautiful shots. Those horses live in a mixed reef? My 90g running two years
has four inch wrasse, regal hippo and sailfin tangs. Compatible?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

da2145r

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Beautiful shots. Those horses live in a mixed reef? My 90g running two years
has four inch wrasse, regal hippo and sailfin tangs. Compatible?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yea they should be fine I keep mine with a mala yellow tang clowns and mandarin drangonette just make sure to spot feed them that's what I do to ensure they eat since seahorses don't really go after food they wait till it comes to them I used to have some in my 75 with no issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

saltykid85

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Doesn't matter now that they have sold, but they absolutely do not belong in a reef tank.

Talk to any seahorse keeper, breeder specifically, who has kept them with any kind of moderate success. They can't be kept successful, without taking huge risks.

Here's a couple:

Pathogens, seahorses are susceptible to many pathogens, and fish carry a lot of stuff they simply don't have immunity to, especially bacterias (vibrio etc)

Second, they are slow feeders, and can't compete with more boisterous species.

Lastly, they eat alot, very heavy amount, and will pollute your tank.trying to keep any acros or sps for that matter would be tough.

Lastly, any kind of good water flow requires some fas spinning props. Even to get moderate flow, you need a good power, which will either a. Suck in and shred the seahorse to pieces, or, make it want to Hitch all the time, as opposed to swimming around getting blown into rocks.

It's not so much you cant do it, it's just cruel. They need species who let them eat (none), species without diseases they already have a natural immune system for (none) and slow moving water, without dangerous spinning blades (don't know of any reef a power head)

Lastly, an anenome can grab a fast moving fish, why would you chance that with a seahorse?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: