• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

MVS

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
This is actually my first thread here at MR. I?m actually much more active at nano-reef.com; I use the same user name at that site as well. Anyway, due to the nature of this sale it was recommended to me to give this site a try.

First off, I have to say that at this time this is NOT an actual sale but rather a guide to see how many people would be interested if I decide to do an upgrade and sell my Nano-cube; of course it?s only available for PICKUP in Brooklyn NY.

If I decide to go through with the sale and upgrade, I would need a couple of weeks to order my new tank and supplies. Only after everything is transferred would I be able to sell the tank but it really shouldn't take more thank 1 -2 weeks.

I have a 6 gallon NC running stock lights however, there are add-on?s that I incorporated over the past few months such as:

1 - I removed the ballast so that it could be stored in a remote location for a variety of reasons. One, there?s now a drastic increase in air circulation resulting in a decrease of the tank?s temperature. Additionally, if I decided to upgrade the lights then half the job is already completed.

2 ? I added a refugium by removing the black material covering the middle back chamber. I included a light by housing a small strip light that houses a 10W 50/50 coral-life bulb. Additionally, I added two fans into the strip light that?s powered by a DC adapter to disperse the heat.

3- I upgraded the stock fans and purchased the 50mm fans sold at nanocustoms.com

4 ? I added a Y valve to the return pump and attached two nozzles to better direct the water flow.

5 - Nano surface skimmer

I have to mention that there is a minor scratch to the inside left corner that?s approximately 1? in length. I noticed this scratch when I received the tank, 5 months ago, and decided to keep it due to the fact that it?s barley noticeable. It has not increased and appears to be a standard scratch that many glass aquariums come with; whether they?re noticed or not.

I will include the refugium light strip and the associated supplies, i.e., fans and 50/50 bulb; if I decide to go forward with the upgrade.

Additionally, I?ll include: The Macro algae ? chaetomorpha and NEW caribSea Aragonite sand; enough to fill approximately 1? worth of substrate.

I have to reiterate that this sale would be for pick up only in a Brooklyn NY location.

The price would be no less than $80.00; after all of the upgrades it's still cheaper than a standard NC.

If anyone is interested, please let me know.

Thanks

Last edited:

simike

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I have interest, i currently have a 5 gax hex which i hate, small footprint poor light options
Pics will help

btw is your avatar a pic of the blue grotto in capri

MVS

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Scarf_Ace – nice to see you here and thanks for looking out!

Simike - lol good eye and yes it is. I guess you've been there?

You can check out some pics posted back in March; it does not include the upgraded Y – valve at the time they were taken. I’ll take some pictures of that later today or tomorrow and post them up in addition to the refugium shots.

http://mvs.photosite.com/

PS Due to the removal of the ballast, I had to add moon lights that I purchased off of ebay for less than $20. That is the only item that would not be included in the sale due to the fact that I would use it on the upgraded tank. If you’re interested, I can send you the seller’s name.

PPS Being that the tank is only 5 months, I do have the original box and packaging so there’s no need to worry about how to protect the tank on the way home.

Last edited:

MVS

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
MS - thankyou very much, [FONT=&quot]I appreciate it!.. I like this site already.

[/FONT] Anyone who is seriously interested please let me know. The sale would probably take place at the end of May; I have finals that I need to attend to prior to that. So all who would definitely purchase this tank, let me know this way I can start to seriously consider and plan the upgrade. If I decide otherwise for whatever reason, I will inform you asap; prior to the end of May.

Thanks again!

MVS

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
OK, I took new pictures and updated my photo album. It should be up and posted as album 2.

So, from here on out please let me know if you are SERIOUSLY interested in purchasing this tank. My upgrade is predicated on the sale; I invested way too much money to have it just hanging around.

http://mvs.photosite.com/

Thanks everyone!

Last edited:

MVS

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Well I decided that I will go through with my upgrade so this NC is for sale including all the upgrades as described above. Additionally, I do have a swing arm hydrometer, no extra charge of course. I also never used the carbon, bio-balls or ceramic rings that come with the nano-cube so if desired, I can include that as well.

Please contact me if you're seriously interested.

Thanks

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: