• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VJ&POOPS

Member-MR Best Reef Site
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
Will have extra mangroves, if anyone is interested LMK, will have approx 35 plants @ $2 per plant.

_____

Pick up: Queens Village, On a Saturday I am willing to meet at Fishtown, or on Fridays I can bring to Midtown/Bryant Park.....

Last edited:

samster

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
can i get 5-6 plants ? 10$-12$? worth and what is light requirements for mangrooves? i had 1 stem with 2 leafs, but the leafs two leafs fell off and its turnin brown? hmmmmmm any info on how to keEP them aliveE? they are under a power compact but i seen people with them in there display tank with Metal hailde and they stay alive? hmmmms

aaron23

!THE ULTIMATE REEFER!
Rating - 98.3%
234   4   0
dont let those leaves fall in the sump.... they will start to crap up and degrade in your tank you dont want that to happen. dont submerge them in water leave the tops open standing.

scarf_ace1981

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
i'll take three. i can p/u @ bryant park. vj how' the softball sized turbo? LOL

that makes it 31 or 33 if samster and drunktank decide on a number

Last edited:

VJ&POOPS

Member-MR Best Reef Site
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
Mangroves are here, if you sent a PM or posted on this thread, I will contact you via PM to arrange pick up.

Pick up: Queens Village, Queens (Friday before 12 pm) or if there is a group, can meet you at Fishtown on Fri (before 12P), Sat, or Sun.

Midtown - can bring to Bryant Park after 3pm.

To answer some questions:

Mangroves do not require mud, the roots can be submerged in water, however, you'll need to either creat some sort of a floatation, or what place them in a specimen container that hangs off the tank/sump (you'll need to drill holes so the roots have access to your tank water)..OR my plan is to buy one or two of those sponge holders you see in the kitchen sink (usually neted, made of all plastic, and has suctions), place that on the inside of the tank with plants inside.

Lighting - sump lights are important especially if you have plants. Yellow light closer to sun light is often used and approximately 75 watts, I have 150W (outdoor/halogen w/tempered glass -$16 at HD). At one time I had mangroves doing well with sunlight, so sunlight is a possiblity.

Parts of the plant in water, for example, broken roots, dead plant, leaves is not good, remove them. Decaying plants will result in an increase in ammonia.

**** I have more than enough mangroves ****

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: