• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

scarf_ace1981

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
how many of you guys keep african cichlids. i plan on getting rid of the following, besides i still have a 55g lake tang and a 155g bow w/ lake malawi haps.

malawi mbuna:
male aurora -dark purple w/ intense yellow 4.5"
ngara whitetail- 4.5"
acei yellowtail- 3.5"
lab textilis- 3"
cobalt- 4.5"
greshakei pair -reg male 4.5"/ albino female 3"(held 3 times long term)
DSCN0250.jpg

male ps usisya- 3.5"
DSCN0128.jpg

lab hongi- 3"
mystery female - 2.5" (held once full term) looks like afra or cynotilapia
UNKNOWN.jpg

lake vic zebra obliquidens male- 3.5"

also up for grabs colony of lamp. multies- about 25 give or take. come w/ an assortment of shells(muffin,apple murex,whale eye,shark eye,tun tunna...)

please let me know if you are interested. will give away very very cheap. need the tanks for reef.

Last edited:

scarf_ace1981

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
sorry i'm talking like i'm in a cichlid forum. the correct name are lamprologus multifasciatus or multies(common name). they are small lake tang cichlids 3/4"- 1.5". the sleep,breed and hide in small shells. very interesting to watch.

Last edited:
Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
scarf_ace1981 said:
....the correct name are lamprologus multifasciatus or multies(common name). they are small lake tang cichlids 3/4"- 1.5". the sleep,breed and hide in small shells. very interesting to watch.

Oddly enough, mine do not stay in the shells. I have tons of shells( I even give them glass coffee containers with sand and moss in side as small caves) for them but they still just like to swim in the open. I am sure, one day they will be eaten by my big Frontosa

jnfallon

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I can work them (except the fry) into some tanks I have here, but don't want to spend much $$ as my reef tank has made me broke. I will be in Nassau County tomorrow picking up some fish, if you wanted to meet up. ( I live way out east )

Let me know.

Justin

Tim

Tim`s Aquatics
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
How much for the whole lot. I have a 125gal. at firehouse and another guy in my house has a 150 in his bar and is looking for some more for his tank.Lmk Tim.......

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: