• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

JLAudio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
There is a Huge shipment of great corals there according to reputable employee. I want to get my first sps coral. I have taken almost everything I could think of into consideration, but would like one last analysis before investing in corals (Id love a nice birds nest)

My 110 reef parameters equip:
amm, nitrite: 0
nitrate: < 10
ph: 8.2 this morning, but some times tests higher later in day (have lowered B-ionic dosing because I feel this is the culprit and monitoring calc, and alk every cpl days)
phosphate: almost undetectable (after adding reactor last week)
calcium: 450 tested yesterday
alk: 3.5 mEq/l or 9.8 DKH, both calcium and alk have been stable for about 6 mos. now

equipment:
MH ligh, (2) 250 de Phonexi 14k, 4 65 PC actinic (but dont need them with the blueeeee phonix, gotta love em)
water circulation: korali 4 (about 1000 gph) and a tunze 6045 roughly the same)

anything Im missing before I dive in?

ming

LE Coral Killer
Rating - 100%
272   0   0
unless you're using a hanna meter, the phosphates should not be detectable at all.
Also, you might want to consider buying a small frag of sps first, see how it does before you take the plunge and buy a lot. If your tank is not ready, then you'll save a lot of $ and corals.
You're not that far from me, let me know if you want to try a pink birdsnest

fali

need tank crash insurance
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
sps

If you want to try some sps post a "want to Buy" post. I bet there are tons of members that will be more than happy to sell you frags of their colonies for a good price. The best part is they are acclimated and cultured in aquarium lifestyle so they are more likely to survive. Just make sure to quarantine ANY acros for red bugs and flatworms.

C

Chiefmcfuz

Rating - 100%
70   0   0
I would start with a montipora frag if you do decide to switch to SPS, the Dig's and caps are usually very hardy.

Mr.First

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Man , I wouldn't even buy rawhide for my dogs in this S.hole. The only reason to buy livestock here would be to rescue it. I promise never to step foot in this place again.
Rare animals in glass cages, it looked so sad. Isn't this the same place that sold the diseased prarie dogs a few years ago. Thumbs down from me !
Does seem like a good place if you are looking for Aptasia, Algea, Ick or yellow polyps.

JLAudio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
The place definately made some real improvements in the fish dept. I cant speak for prairie dogs and rare animals in cages but since they got a cpl of fish towns finest it made HUGE improvements. For awhile it was horendous, but has made some huge improvements, they have a cpl large (125) reef tanks, lots of sps other nice corals. Ive been very successful with LPS corals from there, and very reasonably priced. Check it out

aaron23

!THE ULTIMATE REEFER!
Rating - 98.3%
234   4   0
i would have to agree with jlaudio the place has made great improvements. staff previously from fish-town now work there. prices are fairly reasonable as well..

Mr.First

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I must have been there on a bad day. cause there corals loked like hell to me., but I did get a very nice hello from of the x F/T kids.

nsiegel5

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
They do get some nice stuff in once in a while but nothing too special, the kids from F/T keep on saying they are gonna get more each time I go, Im still waiting

PhoenixOne

"Drugs are bad...mmmkay!"
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It has been about a year and a half since I went there. They did go down....way way down in the maintenance department. But I just happened to pop in there a week ago, and yes, they did improve greatly. I may consider getting critters and coral from there. Their prices were always lower than the other LFS within 10 mile radius.

lanacane214

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
i got my rose anemone ,dunkstan,clove,a wrasse,and other stuff i cant remember,all doing great,prices a real good compared to other places ,ive seen rose anemones for 200 $ i paid less then half of that there,and my 4 year old daughter loves the place :smash::smash:stop bad mouthing the place

DAN-O

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
stopped by the store today to see for myself. i was impressed with the amount of tanks
they had corals in. they even had aussie duncans which you don't see around too often.
help was very nice (former fish town employee). prices were very reasonable.
bought some corals and they are all in the tank and adapting nicely.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: