• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We can consider it, but the problem with 800 is that it is both much bigger in file size and screen allowance. Those running 800x600 resolution will have to scroll to view 800 pixel entries. And those on dial-up won't like the 50% download file size increase :P

wooglins

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see your point. I had no trouble getting all my entries this month to fit under 250k and that was at 1024x768, but it would be slower for dial up users. I think most everyone is getting to or has arrived at 1024x768 or greater for desktop resolution, and it should not be much longer before someone running 800x600 or lower is a rarity. (you can proabably tell I work in IT from my technobable.)

Thanks,
Alan

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hehe. Our site statistics show that the majority is 1024x768, but there is also a surpising amount of users still using 800x600.

wooglins

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah my dad has a 20 inch LCD monitor and he insists on running at 800x600, the icons are HUGE!!! He is getting older, but its not like he is blind or anything....

wooglins

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Perhaps just an increase to 740, an incremental increase. That way it would not throw off a 800x600 browser, and would give a little more resolution to work with.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: