• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:) I'm resisting as best I can to the jokes possible with "skills with clams." :lol:

I'll try to snap some, but they're all located in "funny" spots that make shooting really tough. I know NKT has some awesome ones, especially of his black max.

I'm sure others have clam pics too.

NKT

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Ok...since Len called me out on this one I'll try to oblige--though I'm not sure "awesome" would be the operative word I'd choose here. Believe it or not clams are deceptively difficult to shoot, since they usually require greater depth of field to get everything in focus...Anyhow, here goes:

Attachments

• max1.jpg
    max1.jpg
    248.9 KB · Views: 6,914
  • max2.jpg
    max2.jpg
    177.8 KB · Views: 6,916
  • max3.jpg
    max3.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 6,921
A

Anonymous

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Well this question is off-topic, but where would I get clams that look like that? Not only would I like a few for myself, but I know people that would kill for that kinda coloration on their clams.

Thanks in advance...

Peace,

Chip

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Len":197k6sdv said:
:) I'm resisting as best I can to the jokes possible with "skills with clams." :lol:
8O 8O :D :lol: :lol:
I'll try to snap some,
Okay, I guess that means I have to resist the 'snapper' jokes. :wink:

but they're all located in "funny" spots that make shooting really tough.
Ummmm....no comment.

I'm sure others have clam pics too.

Welllll yeahhh, but I didn't think we allowed those kinds of pictures here!! 8O :wink:

-John

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
shalegac":3m0rzu05 said:
:lol: Well this is getting out of hand :lol:

I could make a comment about that one, too! But I think we'd have to move this thread to the sump!! 8O :D

wombat1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can obtain b+w maximas out here on the west coast for about $300 a pop, and there's a long line. The last one I saw was about 6" across and NFS. They're absolutely beautiful.

NKT

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Hi Chip, the first clam is what's being called a "teardrop maxima" because of the teardrop patterning. While rare, apparently they've been showing up here and there at LFS's in southern california where I am. I think I paid $40 or 50 for that one at my LFS.

The second one is a Pohnape ultra maxima. Due to the recent scares of clam disease coming from shipments from Pohnape, I think a lot more people are cautious about carrying Pohnape clams. I know Len had his entire population of clams wiped out by what was possibly a pohnape-derived disease.

That last pic, my favorite clam, is the black maxima. I think this would probably be the rarest among the three, as I have probably only seen one or two offered (both at FFExpress) since I bought mine from Jeff's Exotic Fish about 1.5 yrs ago.

The links posted above are all good sources of excellent clams. One other source to consider is harbor aquatics, as they usually have some amazing stuff. I think their linke is http://www.harboraquatics.com

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
NKT":6clzlxg7 said:
I know Len had his entire population of clams wiped out by what was possibly a pohnape-derived disease.

Tis true :(

But after 4 months, I reintroduced new clams and all is fine again.

Nico1

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had to give it away when I moved to the US...

Cutting it from its rock was a bad bad bad experience....

Nikon 990 - Erased a couple of polyps from nearby corals, resize, USM.

Nico

Attachments

• clam.jpg
    clam.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 6,845

mkirda

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shot at about 1:2... First of a series that ended at 5:1. Not printed though...

Attachments

• clam1.jpg
    clam1.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 6,814

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: