• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gimme a couple hrs. I'll send up some of my stuff when I get home this afternoon. Got to clean the upstairs anyway, so I'll just upload while I do.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, IMHO they kinda stink, but here's some pics I took a month or so ago...

buttons.jpg

colt.jpg

ricordea3.jpg

starpolyp-green.jpg

xenia-pompom.jpg

Peace,

Chip

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Uh, you have awefully high standards then Chip :P That first zooanthid pic is esp. stunning.

Fishdreamr

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi James,

At last year's MARSH collecting trip in Galveston. I got 3 Molly Miller blennies there. Did you go last year?

(I'm PygmyAngel on MARSH...I rarely attend the meetings, for several reason, inc. ones I sympathize w/ you on... :wink:

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey fishdreamer, that coral beauty looks almost identical to mine (actually it's my wife's). When you got it was it listed as a Tonga Coral Beauty? I think there's a slightly different color-morph to the Tonga captured fish that has more of the orange in it. Not sure though, as I've seen some bright orange that were listed as plain.

Fishdreamr

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sharkky,

Well, not that I recall...I don't think I've ever seen a coral beauty in a LFS listed as a Tonga Coral Beauty...but then, I've had this fish for almost 2 yrs. so I don't quite remember what exactly may have been written on the tank glass....but I definitely don't remember that name.

Although, I have seen several different color morphs for coral beauties...

It may very well be a Tonga Coral Beauty...it does have a lot of orange and yellow in the middle... :D

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fishdreamr":ybk6dz8h said:
Sharkky,

Well, not that I recall...I don't think I've ever seen a coral beauty in a LFS listed as a Tonga Coral Beauty...but then, I've had this fish for almost 2 yrs. so I don't quite remember what exactly may have been written on the tank glass....but I definitely don't remember that name.

Although, I have seen several different color morphs for coral beauties...

It may very well be a Tonga Coral Beauty...it does have a lot of orange and yellow in the middle... :D

Yeah, we've had ours for about a year and a half now, and I don't think it came listed as a Tonga CB, but the lfs where I worked in college always listed the more orange ones as Tonga CBs and charged an extra $5 or so for them. Wonder if it was just a scam. :wink: I'm sure they're not a separate species or anything, but possibly just a color morph.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: