mshur

Rating - 99.3%
294   2   1
I’m not sure that DD ever said that they QT their fish... they ‘observe’ them for 2 weeks!

I remember years ago In the interview with LA manager ( don’t remember his name) he said that only DD selection has been Q.
Maybe nowadays everything changes . Company went through different ownerships .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rebels23

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I got 3 Disbars from LA .Supposedly they Q fish at DD selection but with new ownership i wanna make sure and Q myself this time .
I wanna get mainly Lyretails , in my research Bartlets are more aggressive and could cause problems between themselves.
Thanks for the tip on Fiji Lyretails :))

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Do you plan on mixing any others? I currently have Lyretails mixed with Bi-Macs and one Borbonius. Only one male in the tank which is Lyretail.

mshur

Rating - 99.3%
294   2   1
Do you plan on mixing any others? I currently have Lyretails mixed with Bi-Macs and one Borbonius. Only one male in the tank which is Lyretail.
I was planning on but not so sure if i wanna mix to many . Maybe Lyretails , Disbars for now.
How do you like Bi-Macs , i think they deep water species and hide during day light?

Humblefish

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ruby Reef has formalin in it which is the only effective thing against Uronema that I have seen. I've tried metroplex for Uronema, but to no avail.
Ruby Reef Rally actually contains very little formalin - maybe enough to kill Brook, but probably not sufficient to eliminate Uronema.

For both diseases, I recommend a 45-60 minute bath using proper formalin (37% formaldehyde + 15% methanol formulation). Amazon sells it: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CY56QBQ/?tag=reefs04-20

30-60 minute bath treatment: 0.6 ml per gallon, or 12 drops per gallon. Aerate vigorously and treat at this concentration for approximately 45 minutes. You can actually treat for a maximum of 60 minutes if the fish seems to be handling the bath fine, but cut it short (30 minutes) if breathing becomes too heavy.

Humblefish

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
^^ Two more things:
  1. Do the formalin bath upon receiving the fish (before entering quarantine). Because once the fish goes into QT, any diseases transfer into the tank along with it. And most in-tank treatments are ineffective against Uronema.
  2. Formalin only lasts ~ 6 months until it starts to turn into paraformaldehyde. So, mark the bottle with the date you receive it and discard after 6 months.

mshur

Rating - 99.3%
294   2   1
^^ Two more things:
  1. Do the formalin bath upon receiving the fish (before entering quarantine). Because once the fish goes into QT, any diseases transfer into the tank along with it. And most in-tank treatments are ineffective against Uronema.
  2. Formalin only lasts ~ 6 months until it starts to turn into paraformaldehyde. So, mark the bottle with the date you receive it and discard after 6 months.
I have used Ruby Reef Rally Pro as dip for 45 min prior to Q tank, hope this helped . Now since fish in Q ,i will observe for 7-10 days.

Rebels23

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I was planning on but not so sure if i wanna mix to many . Maybe Lyretails , Disbars for now.
How do you like Bi-Macs , i think they deep water species and hide during day light?
I love the colors with bi-macs, one of my favorites for sure. They do tend to stay in the corner of my tank more often then not where there is less light. It is probably also because my lyretails seem to be more dominant over them

bvega789

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 75%
6   2   0
What can i use to medicate my snowflake eel or is he resistant to parasites and diseases???

i also have a pearly jawfish, bluethroat female
Green spotted mandarin, engineer goby, golden head goby,

I have cuparmine, copper, paraguard, lifeguard tablets, and prazipro

Humblefish

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What can i use to medicate my snowflake eel or is he resistant to parasites and diseases???
They are unlikely to harbor parasites, but chloroquine is the treatment of choice for eels: https://humble.fish/chloroquine-phosphate/

It has been mostly out of stock everywhere since Covid. Someone on my forum just ordered some from Fishman Chemical, and we are waiting to see if the person actually receives it.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: