• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

CHEMCHEF

PERMANOOB
Rating - 100%
79   0   0
Stop & Shop has 2.5 galon jugs of it by the frozen turkeys.
If this is your first time frying a turkey.... Beware!!! And Lower it in to the 325 degree ((((NO MORE THAN 325)))) REAL SLOW.You will get a large head of bubbles from the initial water vap of the bird.
If the bubbles spill over onto the open flame.
Have your extinguisher handy.
After the bird & oil calm down a bit. You can turn up the flame a little & bring the heat to about 360. This will get the skin real crisp & it will not be leathery.
A thermometer like this will be good to test oil & bird temp -40 -396 Degrees F.
3dbb04da7e508a3b5c65d1eb2b00f58cc528689d-200.jpg

Last edited:

beerfish

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Do an injection marinade if you want some really amazing flavor.

Also make sure you defrost the bird completely, and keep baking soda on hand (a fire extinguisher is better).

I once deep fried a turkey in a smallish stockpot on a stove in a small apartment without a proper rack for it. It was possibly the dumbest thing I've ever done, but the best damn bird I've ever eaten. (Before you laugh at this, I should let you know that there was an MR mod working with me on this. lol)

JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Not using any flames.Using a fryer made specially by Butter Ball and cooks it at 375 degrees.10-14 Lbs Max.The marinade sounds good as long it isn't Cajun Style.

I was gonna order one of them too.

Beerfish the element is where no oil wil really find its way like youre thinking. Theyre a pretty darn safe unit. I like that you can also use it to steam veggies if you want as well. Pretty cool machine if it works as well as they say it does.

Zany let me know how it goes and what you think of the unit

beerfish

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
I was gonna order one of them too.

Beerfish the element is where no oil wil really find its way like youre thinking. Theyre a pretty darn safe unit. I like that you can also use it to steam veggies if you want as well. Pretty cool machine if it works as well as they say it does.

Zany let me know how it goes and what you think of the unit

You'd be surprised at where oil can get. If a little spills over and gets down the side of the pot, you can get in trouble fast. I'm just saying that electric or not, don't get a false sense of security. Keep an eye on it at all times.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: