• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

eazy al

onyxx owner
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Hello everyone I am new to salt water I'm setting up a 12g dx,and I wanted to up grade the s#*%&y pump it comes with so if someone have or had one need advice on WAT is the best pump for my tank, I'm going with maxijet but I need to know witch one is perfect for it between the 600 or 900 I I don't want sand all over the tank cuz of to much flo and not weak ,also how about a nanokoralia 240 or can I go higher it has to be a hydor I'm on a buget lol!! Thanks everyone in advace.

R27

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Hi, Al.

I have the same tank. I still use the stock pump. Don't really mind it. I also use a Koralia Nano 240 in the tank. Works great and in my opinion is the perfect for the tank.

What do you plan on putting in the back chambers?

MSunkin23

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the chambers, I basically just cycle a handfull of filter floss and ChemiPure Elite every 3-4mos. Seems to work fine. The chemipure elite was a good addition. Keep in mind the "Elite" controls phosphates.

Also, I would go with the koralia nano before you upgrade the back pumps. I feel I get more flow options with the nano pump. Plus you can move it around and play with it (cross directions with stock flow).

-Mike

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: