• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Kerchakone

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that too much? I want to put in some polyps but eventually it would be nice to move up to all sorts of coral and I don't want ot limit myself based on light. But will too much light kill everything else? There's a 40 watt version, but it's only a 50/50 light and I like the 4 different color temps and the fan that comes with the higher wattage.

So is it overkill or am I making it so I won't have to trade in my lighting in the future. That's what I really want to know.

Thanks

cindre2000

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You shouldn't kill anything with power compact lighting, you just can't put enough in to create enough light to kill. The biggest issue with that much light on a small aquarium is the heat.

Kerchakone

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
cindre2000":ynh84k1s said:
The biggest issue with that much light on a small aquarium is the heat.

Well it's been on a few days. Not only does the tank look a billion times better but it actually DROPPED 2 degrees in water temp with the new lights and going hoodless. Even when I forget to turn the fan on with the lights the temp never goes above 76 anymore. It stays in teh 74-76 range all the time.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: