• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

mr_X

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
we have recently purchased a 30 gallon oceanic cube, which comes with a basic, single tube light fixture. i want to add a fixture that will give me the flexibility of adding soft corals, such as mushroms, clove polyps, possibly a small leather, ricordia, things of that nature. i doubt i'll get into any acros or sps in this tank.
i was leaning towards the 20" current orbit with 2x40 watt pc. (i was thinking 12 hours total light- 4 hours of actinic in the morning and evening, and 8 hours of both bulbs)

another possible choice would be the current usa sunpod. i am guessing it would be the 150 watt hqi, mainly because the fixture is 20 inches wide, and the 70 watt unit is only 16.5 inches, and i'm not quite sure i can mount that and it still be aesthetically pleasing(the tank is 20.5 inches wide).
also, the fact that i like to have a morning and evening for the inhabitants, and i don't think i can pull this off with the sunpod's 12 LED's.

bear in mind that this tank will not be topless, so, we'll lose some light before it gets to the bottom, and you'll need to keep this in mind when thinking about mounting hardware. any help/ideas will be appreciated!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: