• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

P-Daddy

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This thread is mainly meant to try and get some feedback from owners of different brands of cubes, I have significant freshwater experience and have messed with saltwater before, but this will be my first Nano reef.

I am in fact going to try and play with one of the prefabricated all-in-one aquarium systems like Aquapod or Nano Cube, but whats the best one currently available? I am looking for something 24+ Gallons. I am really not familiar with any of these types of tanks, and have heard some horror stories about JBJ.

I must admit though, I am very intrigued by this: http://www.jbjlighting.com/prod_28g_nano.html
JBJ's new 28 gallon cube complete with wavemaker, I am not sure if it is in stores or not yet?

Anyone have any feedback? Whats good, whats junk? It would be greatly appreciated.

P-Daddy

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea that definitely looks like the nicest cube I have looked at so far, a bit steep in price, but probably worth it. Thanks for the info!

conformity

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
take a look at Finnex tanks M 20gal and 32gal M tanks, they are of better quality and design than JBJs, BIOs, and aquapods.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
as far as pre-built dealio's, red sea max is pretty cool. The standard "all in one" problems still exist - upgrading filter and lighting is problematic or impossible.

icenine

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had experience with 12 gal JBJs, a 24 gal aquapod and now the RSM.

The RSM is the best of the all in ones so far.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the red sea cubes are among THE most overpriced tank setups i've ever seen-you could get a custom built job with far superior skimmer, etc. for ALOT less

i think they're crap, for the money, to be honest

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: