• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

A

Anonymous

Hey guys, thinking about starting up a nano, and a 12 is about as big as I can go due to space limitations. Anybody here have any thoughts on the Aquapod 12 gallon with the 70watt 14.000k MH light package?

http://storefront.addictiveaquatics.com ... 08-10.html

I am still debating what to keep in it, but that setup seems to have adequate light for whatever I choose to put in it.

A

Anonymous

Not real sure. I've never had a small tank. My guess is that it would be OK for the easier stuff, like montiphors.

brandon4291

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been watching for answers on this thread too because I'd like to get one. I have heard about premature burnouts on the bulbs on these things but that might be kinda like the nanocube cracking issues-limited to a certain production lot or something and maybe not a 100% for sure problem

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd heard that as well, but it does look like a schweet package. ;) I might even go with a BB all SPS theme, I do think the lighting will support the easier 'colored sticks' :lol:

tripsied

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lawdawg,

You might want to check out http://www.nanocustoms.com/ they have some pretty sweet setups over there and their prices are reasonable for the packages they have put together. I have heard a lot of great things about the company.

I was going to get an AP but decided to do a more custom setup than what the AP could do.

HTH

Tom

saltman123

Salt Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I have the 12 gallon AP with PC lighting. If I could buy it all over again, I would have gone with the MH.

The only thing people seem to add is a glass shielf for the top to keep evaporation down.

toastii

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i think petsolutions or dr fosters and smith has the 12 aquapod for less... im not sure thought might want to check if you were planning on geting it

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will do Crissy, I've just been bogged down with work :( . Of course, that's how I'll make the money to buy the stuff so I shouldn't complain :lol:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: