• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

OddFish

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As many in this hobby, I ended having too many tanks with inhabitants, that have different requirements. Trying to downsize all for reducing the maintenance time - make it smaller, more dencely stocked tanks and separate tanks for a special needs corals.

The other way - make one big system - didn't worked: the big fish in 90g need place to swim and I suspect, that frogspawn is stinging my odd fish Chaetodermis - he jumped up, as if was stung. So, there will be soft corals only.

The groups I have now:
- sexy shrimps couple, should be kept safe and observable;
- high light system (now in 10g), for babies Tridacna maxima, purple tip anemone and Christmas tree rocks;
- cleanable nano for heavy feeding non-photosynthetic corals, could be connected to another tank through the common sump;
- stinging LPS, that could be: packed densely as in Brandon's pico, or placed all in Nano-Cube 6, but even the quietest pump (Mini-Jet 606) vibrates too loud there to be able to sleep in the same small room. HOB Whisper filter or Red Sea Nano-filter are much quieter;
- pod producing pico, can be moved in 20g Long with refugee fish, only behind the tank divider;
- 90g large not reef safe fish, softies may be there.
All, but one tank, are low light.

Any other ways to re-grouping these, connect together by plumbing, join in one tank, that I missed?

So, the tasks are:
- reducing number of systems,
- more densely stocked,
- reducing numbers of hardware in use;
- make all of this most quiet.

I have severals tanks for use - 2x1g, 2g sphere, 2x2.5g, 6g hexagon, 6g Nano-cube, 5g, 10g, 20gL, 20g XH.

Give up is also an option, but after all spendings it would be a pity.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: