• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

AlrightCool

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well just for fun i was thinking bout just having a little 2.5 gallon one with little 50 rios for return punmp really just for fun =D id rather start working on thr 55g settin up refuge sump and lighting but thats so costly but the good side to buying stuff is i get 40% off anything at my LFS =D i know some people there kinda nice paying 200 for 55g hood stand and 50k bulb with fixture =P

mr_X

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
honestly, i am putting together a 30 cube that...i was thinking ..will have a hex sump underneath..possibly an 8 gallon or so with macros and a return...just like te big daddys. :wink: and the best part is...it's just for fun! :lol:

Killagoby

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 10 gallon fuge on my 29 gallon reef and it works out great. I tried the HOB type and it did not do the job I wanted it to. I could not get enough surface area for a DSB or enough macro algae in it to work for my tank. The only advantage was the HOB allowed pods to be dumped in to my tank, where as my 10 gallon they have to go through the pump. It could kill them on the way up to the tank that way.

mr_X

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Killagoby":26e6im2b said:
The only advantage was the HOB allowed pods to be dumped in to my tank, where as my 10 gallon they have to go through the pump. It could kill them on the way up to the tank that way.

i have the same setup but on a larger scale, and plenty of pods make it upstairs! :wink:

mr_X

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
copepods, amphipods...little creatures that live in the fuge, that end up going through the return pump into the main display, as food for my fish and corals.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: